Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, January 23, 2007

My Heart Is Full



This past Sunday was Sanctity of Human Life Sunday, and our associate pastor gave such a wonderful Spirit filled sermon. Throughout the service, my mind continued to wander towards our Ellie.

While Brother Bryan preached the 139th Psalm, I couldn't help but be reminded of Ellie through David's words, "Thou hast covered me in my mother's womb." Many of you are aware that our Ellie has spina bifida. Before we committed to Ellie, we prayed so fervently, seeking God's direction. One thing was clear through my prayers. Ellie was fearfully and wonderfully made, and God's works are marvelous! While we may look at Ellie and see her "special needs," I know that God fashioned her members and they are all written in His book, just as He created them.

Can you picture that? Can you see the Hand of Almighty God covering her mother's womb, fashioning each of her members? I think of her so many times in a day, and then I think, "How precious are God's thoughts unto her! How great is the sum of them!"

We continue to pray for her every single day, several times a day. She has made such progress, from not using her legs at all to crawling everywhere! We pray that the phsycial therapy she is undergoing now will enable her to learn to walk. We know that God, who fashioned her spinal cord, who fashioned her legs, can give her the strength to walk!

Take a peak at her beauty!



1 comment:

Bobby and Regina said...

She is beautiful!! What province is she from? Where is she in foster care?

Regina

we are also adopting a baby that possibly has SB. She does have tethered cord, and a lipoma that will require surgery, and a syrinx also that may need something later.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei