Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, May 12, 2008

A Blessed Mother's Day Weekend

I will try to post pictures this week, but I wanted to share my blessed weekend, before I forget the details.

On Saturday night, Josie-Tatum said, "Mama, I can't wait until tomorrow." I asked why, and she said, "Because it's Mother's Day," and then she gave me a big hug. Then, she asked, "Did you really only have 3 children last year." I said, "Yes," and she said, "It's just like a miracle. Now you have 5!"

Yes, it is just like a miracle. I sat in church yesterday surrounded, literally, by my 5 beautiful, loving children. God is so good! After church, they raced me home to "set up." I came in the house to 3 gifts on the couch and a huge....um....HUGE....card. The gifts were nice, a new beach bag, a water bottle bag, and a photo album filled with pictures from the past 7 months, as a family of 7. But my favorite part, after reading my card, all 5 children JUMPED on me in one big group hug. This was, of course, followed by MUCH laughter.

We went swimming for the first time this year...planted flowers....and just had plain old-fashioned fun over the weekend. Pictures in a few days!!!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei