Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Oh, Happy Day! See Ellie walking!

O clap your hands, all ye people; shout unto God with the voice of triumph." Psalm 47:1

Today, Ellie turned four years old, and today, she walked all of the way across the great room for the first time ever. Did you hear me shout? It's still wobbly, but there's serious progress! She counts every step, and it's funny to hear her skip a number here and there in the teens. Forget the fact that the image quality is poor. Forget the fact that you can see the girls' toys in the corner of the great room. Forget the fact that the backlight coming in from the front door interferes with the light in the room. Forget the fact that she's walking straight into the camera. You can see Ellie walking here:

Here goes...trying to post the video again...it didn't work the first time. (You might want to turn off the sound on the playlist below.)

18 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I want to see this amazing event! My heart is racing in anticipation. Bring on the video!!!

Terry said...

That is wonderful Ellie, Oh what an awesome birthday! Yipee, Yipee and praise you Jesus from whom all blessings flow.

She is so cute too. Love that southern twang, hehe...

Anonymous said...

What a blessed miracle!
Praise the Lord!

Anita said...

Awww.....what a sweetheart!! LOVE the counting it out too. Praise you Jesus!!

Unknown said...

Praise the LORD! I am so happy to see this day. Tell Ellie Chun Chun that we are so proud for her and happy, happy birthday!!!

TK said...

Oh gosh I LOVE her voice. That southern accent is so cute. How many syllables can she get into "ten?"
Congrats on the walking! What a huge milestone!

Keith and Kelly said...

Yay- thanks for sharing with your yahoo friends. :)Kelly

Goosegirl said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!!! And congratulations on your beautiful walk across the room!!!

In His Grace,
Sivje

Heather said...

What a way to start my day...witnessing a miracle right here on my computer screen...a darn cute one at that! Oh, I will hear that sweet, Southern twang all day in my mind!! Praising God for this wonderful event!!

Heather

Nate and Brenda said...

That is AWESOME!! Made me teary!!!!

Sarah said...

Oh, YAY!! Way to go, Ellie!

(Psst - don't tell her she skipped right on over #16)

I know you are one proud mama today!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I just had an opportunity to check out the video again and it's absolutely beautiful. I'm so happy for you and Ellie. Praise God and praise the Shriner's Hospital medical staff. Hugs.

The Greens said...

Because of my own little Elli (also four) I know how much joy something like this can bring! So happy for her and for you and your beautiful family! And I LOVED her cute southern accent! (:

one"hip"momma said...

YAY Ellie , you brought very, very happy tears to my eyes! What a joyful day !!!

Amy said...

WONDERFUL!!!! I am so excited to see her walk. That was one of the greatest things in the world to see.
Amy

Chelsea Gour said...

That was wonderful! I LOVE her southern accent!!!

Annie said...

Yeah Ellie! What a great birthday gift to herself! The counting is too cute. (Annie from the Asiablessings group that Whitney is also on)

Table for Six said...

My heart is so full of joy for Ellie! God is so good (all the time).
Her voice is the cutest thang I have ever heard! How sweet is that!
miss you
jill

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei