Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, July 12, 2011

What is happening to the light?



Warning: This is not a typical post. If you are not a Christian, none of this will make sense to you. You might not want to read the rest of this. If you are a Christian, hold on. You might not want to read it either. For, when you are done, I believe God will be asking something of you. Are you willing?

My heart was heavy Sunday. I struggled....wondering why I was so burdened. Was the burden from the Holy Spirit or was Satan trying to rob me of my joy. I kept wondering why the world is so dark, wondering why so many children are hungry, wondering why there are 147 million orphans, wondering why so many people I know are addicted to drugs. And, I wondered why Christians have fallen for the lie that we must not say the name of Jesus, or Holy Spirit, or even Satan, we might offend somebody.

What is happening to the Light?

If you are a Christian, you have the Light. Isaiah tells us, "Arise! Shine! For the Light has come, and the glory of the LORD is risen upon you."

How many people have seen the glory of the LORD upon you?

It's there.

Why doesn't the world see it?

I can tell you this story because Stan never reads my blog. Like Tim the Toolman, he went to Lowe's and came back with much more than we needed. He went to purchase one electrical outlet, and came home with that plus a dimmer switch. He decided we needed a dimmer switch for the lights in the great room.


He was also quite proud of his accomplishment when the dimmer switch was installed. He was not electrocuted, and I was glad. (That would kind of slow things up for our adoptions.) He turned the power back on, and nothing smoked. ;)

But, the lights wouldn't dim.

It took a visit from a pastor and his wife......and for that precious lady...(thanks, Rozanna) to say, "Stan, I think you need dimmer bulbs."

One more trip to Lowe's.

Now, we have dimmer bulbs.

Problem is: I don't like the room dim. Light should be bright! And, that is my humble opinion.

But, a Christian's light should be BRIGHT!

That is not MY opinion.

If...No....Since the glory of God is risen upon you, why is it dim? What has become more important to you than Jesus?

Your career? Television? Entertainment? Friends? Relaxation? Your home? Sleep? (I like my sleep.)

What is getting in your way? What is blocking your light?

I love sunsets. That's why I photographed so many in South Africa. Like the one at the beginning of this post. But, I don't want to see the Light of Jesus that way.

Oh, how I desire to live my life in such a way, that I leave this world with a glow. My light want burn out, for it is the glory of the LORD! I was to rid myself of anything that causes my light to dim. I want to sanctify myself for His service so that the Light can burn more brightly.

And, I challenge you.

What are you willing to change?

What are you willing to give up?

What are you willing to do?

2 comments:

Jamie said...

Great post! It reminds me of something I just read in Grace Based Parenting...

"God left our families in communitites to serve as porch lights, if you will, for the lost poeple around us. We are to be the steady glow that helps them find their way out of darkness."..

Anonymous said...

You and my preacher were like minded Sunday. He preached an excellent sermon on America being spiritually dead and challenged us to get on our knees and pray for America.
Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei