Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, December 27, 2012

May I Never Forget

 
I hope to never forget:

Hearing Zeke say, "This is the best!" as we placed the manger scene on the fireplace mantle. He was the MOST excited wise man ever. And, he couldn't wait to place the wise man on the mantle.


Josie-Tatum's repeated requests to hear Toby Mac's "Father of the Fatherless" everytime we got in the van. And, her words as we rode through town looking at Christmas lights. She said, "Mama, sometimes I would like to take the selfish people who spend all of their money on themselves and leave them in Africa for a month." (She herself prepared this dish, thanks to Mrs. Vicki's recipe.)


Hearing Drew say, "It smells good," when he walked in the kitchen after I had begun preparing the Christmas Eve meal. That boys loves to eat. He loves to watch me cook. He may be a chef one day....or serve the hungry in a third world nation.


Hearing Ellie talk about her new doll, complete with wheel chair and crutches. She told us how her doll uses her crutches to walk short distances and uses her wheel chair when she has to go long distances. She named her Ella, and Ella apparently helps the PE coaches juse like Ellie does.


I don't know who was the most excited to learn that Brandon would be home for Christmas Eve after all--Brandon, Mama Robbie, or Josie-Tatum. I can tell you the joy that filled my heart when I got that text. I can tell you that Josie-Tatum said over and over again in the first few days of our holiday, "I wish Bra was here." And, I can tell you they love to love each other by picking.

The excitement I felt when Whitney shouted, "Mom! Put your clothes on. Caleb's on the phone!" (Okay, I was getting in the shower after cooking and before the family arrived.) It was such a blessing to have Casie join us to ease the heart ache of Caleb's first Christmas away from us.

And, the ever kitchen helpful Whitney. She loves to be in the kitchen, and I always need her help on Christmas Eve.

And our Moose! He was so helpful this year. I've needed an extra pair of male hands now and then with Caleb and Brandon gone. He has spent much of this holiday and I'm so glad. Check out that hat Santa left him! Oh, and please note that he has been playing Ellie's purple zebra print guitar every time he comes over as well. Anybody have a more manly guitar they'd like to give him?


I hope to remember the waiting children who need families after hearing Zeke say, "Mama, I want to play game. We not play games in my China."

Please consider adoption! If you want to talk about it email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei