Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

48 Hours of Prayer



Prayer Warriors:

As we prepare for Ellie-Live in Concert on Friday night, I am hearing God call me to slow down and pray-inviting me to seek His face. I confess that I have NOT spent as much time in prayer over this event as I should have. I would be honored if you joined me.

Most of you receiving this email already know about the concert, but a few of you who don't live nearby may not. If you'd like to learn the details, see this post on Facebook:

If you have time to read on....I want to share my heart, the words I have been hearing from the LORD, and my specific prayer requests with you:


Through the past several years, since committing to Ellie's adoption, I have prayed that God's glory shine in our family. Adopting a child with spina bifida was a great leap of faith for us, but, oh how He has amazed us. She has blessed us far more than we could ever have imagined.

As we prepared for her major hip surgery, this song, "Cover Us" played through my mind, in my heart, and on CD player. Cover us with your glory. Cover us. Like a flood. 

As much as I have seen His glory, I desire to see it more and more. Even Moses, who had been privileged to be a part of miracle after miracle- the plagues, the parting of the RED Sea, manna from heaven- petitioned God, "Show me your glory." 

My first request is that He cover us with His glory on Friday night.

Looking for scriptures about the glory of God, I revisited John 2:11...at the wedding in Cana, Jesus manifested His glory, and his disciples believed."

My second request is that He manifest His glory, so that those who are there Friday night will see and believe. 
And, once again, I ask for you to join me in praying for my third request--an Ephesians 3:20 miracle---where God-who has all power-- will do more than we ask or imagine. So at the end of the night, we can like Paul stated in Ephesians 3:21--to Him be glory!


And, my fourth request--from Isaiah 43:7, I want Ellie to know that God created her for His glory.
I wrote about this desire for her a couple of years ago:

May I decrease so that He may increase,
Robbie

1 comment:

Spina Bifida said...

I was very surprised that you decided to adopt a child with Spina Bifida. I recently read a post the other day about how soon to be parents decided to abort their child because it was diagnoised with SB and it was very shocking. You actually took it a step further and I commend you on your decision. In my opinion, Prayer and patience is the key here and hope that everything works out for you.

Isaiah 41:10 says fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.

Wish you the best!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei