Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, June 2, 2013

The Gang's All Here!

Today, I had all of my children for Sunday dinner. It has been months, maybe close to a year, since they've all been home at one time.

I cooked a family favorite Brisket recipe. The greatest compliment came when my daughter-in-law Casie said, "I need this recipe. Caleb said if there is one recipe I need from you it is your brisket recipe." (So easy, I'll post it later for all to enjoy.)

We also had garden fresh green beans. They were picked less than 24 hours earlier by a couple in our church, delivered to us at church this morning, snapped as soon as we got home, cooked and ready for us to eat by lunch time. Delicious!!!

After lunch, all of my children politely got ready for a family photo. And, they were all nice....butcept Drew. (Yes, butcept is his word.)

When he is 21 years old, and we take a family photo, I plan to show him the several I took today of him being "ugly." I wonder if he will have matured by then. ;)

 
 
We did manage a couple of good ones, though.
 
 
 
And, of course, the traditional goofy shot. Maybe this should be my blog header.
 
It's summer finally! We've already begun the beach and the pool and Wild Adventures and the housework. More to come soon!
 

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei