Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Family, Friends, and Fellowship



We started our weekend at a birthday party for two special children, Riley and Regan. They are part of our church family. Riley is a miracle child, whose life is a blessing beyond many others. During his many hospital vists, Regan has spent much time with my parents. Ellie calls Regan her best friend. Regan calls my parents, "My Bennetts." We missed their birthday party two years ago...do you know why????

We were in China, of course.

(Please be much in prayer for Riley. He will soon undergo a kidney transplant. A live donor has been identified, another dear sister in the LORD, dear friend of mine. While he waits, continue in prayer for Riley and his mother, as they travel to Jacksonville, FL three times a week for dialysis.)

While at the party, as more guests arrived, I realized how truly blessed I am. Nearly every person at the party was part of our church family, and, or course, part of the body of Christ. The fellowship was so sweet. All of the parents were looking out for all of the children. Ellie had her friends to run around the lawn with. Josie-Tatum had her friends to "priss" with.

Every person there has at some time prayed for Ellie, prayed for us. Every person there has prayed for Riley. We enjoyed time with friends, who are truly family, we enjoyed the food, we enjoyed the fellowship.

And, I couldn't help but think about the first part of the book of Acts. I think it no coincidence that the Bible records the early church continuing in the apostles's doctrine and fellowship, in breaking of bread and in prayers. And, they continued breaking bread from house to house.

I was recharged after the birthday party. My spirits were lifted, my heart was peaceful. Thank you, Jesus, for my church family. (Enjoy these photos.)







After the birthday party, we enjoyed our Fall Festival at church. There as crafting, games, face painting, jumping, food, and just plain fun.



And, there's nothing more special to me than living next door to my parents and going to church with them. Grandpa even joined in the fun at the Fall Festival, really into the spirit, getting his face painted, too. I love my daddy!!!!



Ellie and the C-Pap
I so hope the c-pap will help my dear Stan. He was diagnosed with SEVERE sleep apneia. He just received his c-Pap machine on Friday. I hope he finds his lost energy soon.
And, since Ellie has been rather woebegone over her differences, we took time to talk about Daddy's new machine. Just like the machine will help Daddy breathe better and feel better, the catheters help Ellie.
So, Ellie wanted to try on the "mask."
BTW, Daddy did NOT want to try out the catheter....

8 comments:

Terry said...

I really enjoyed that post Robbie. Thanks for letting us into your life :-) Praying for Riley...

Anonymous said...

Your girlies are so precious! I love to see Josie's tooth peeking thru! Ellie is still my little hero!!

Anonymous said...

Oops, Robbie,
That's hollym. above and this post, too!:)

Amy said...

Awe come on Stan, such a party pooper. LOL. Glad to see you guys had such a great time.
Amy

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a beautiful post. Your heart is so generous and how lovely that you have parents so close to be in your lives on a daily basis. I just love that picture of Ellie with your Dad. Just precious. I hope Stan finds a big difference in his energy level. Thinking of your sweet family and Riley too.

whitbrianne said...

I miss my babies! :-(

Anonymous said...

Your sweet posts always make me giggle ... Kimberly :)

Marla said...

Looks like a total blast. Prayers for little Riley!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei