Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, November 29, 2009

If Not You, Then Who???

I really should be in bed....it's back to school tomorrow, but I can't stop these thoughts rolling around in my head.

Stan and I went to see this


Thanks, Gwen, for recommending it.
It was the most powerful movie I've seen in years. It moved me like no other movie has in a long time, and it's a true story.

As, I watched the actor play the part of Michael Oher, I couldn't help thinking about him.


I took this photo before he became part of our family, when he was just "Caleb's friend," when he didn't share all that was going on in his life, when he pretended things at his house were just like things at ours, when I didn't know what he faced every day and every night.....

And, I thought of all of the other children out there, who pretend, who need love, who need stability, who need a family.

What are you willing to do?

Will you go here:
Adopt Us Kids or Adoption.com

Will you pray? Will you ask God what He would have you do? Would you help a family adopt? Will you sponsor a child? Would you feed an orphan?

If not you, then who?

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a beautiful post for a beautiful son. Thanks for the reminder, Robbie.

Unknown said...

I have been wanting to see that, too. B looks like a kid!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei