Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

It's been a beautiful weekend, really beautiful.

Brandon came home on Thursday. Oh, how sweet to hear the laughter of the boys together for several days. His other visits have been so fast and furious that we had little time together.

While I hope you enjoy these photos, I'm having trouble containing my excitement for the next post you'll see. Check back in a few days. I don't think you'll be disappointed!

While driving home on Thursday, Ellie said, "I know Brandon is going to tickle me." He obliged, of course, but I didn't have the camera ready. When Josie-Tatum came home from gymnastics, I had it ready.....





The boys went fishing today. (I stayed home and cleaned house. Yay! I had nowhere to go.)

Here is Caleb, the same Caleb who was once suspended from school because he had a knife in his truck. Well, no wonder, he's been into knives as long as I can remember, encouraged by his father and uncles long before his mommy was comfortable with his owning a knife. He wanted to be sure you knew the little knife is for little fish, and the big knife is for big fish. Who'd have thought?




Brandon, sporting his...Crocodile Hunter boots, while wearing shorts.



I'm sorry....well, not really, but I couldn't resist. This is how the boys looked when they left for fishing this morning. They were both wearing their oldest kahki, ripped in the back, showing their boxers, shorts. GQ material???


I thought Whitney was coming home tomorrow for church, and we'd get a family photo....but she just called. She has to work the lunch shift tomorrow. Praise the LORD, she makes time for several Bible studies throughout the week, so she is always in fellowship with other believers.

Note from Ellie:
E: Mom, when I grow up, my house won't be far.
Mom: Good.
E: So, you can come see me.
Mom: Well, that's wonderful, I want to be able to go see you.
E: I'm going to live across the street. Those people have to move.
(Note: Please tell the neighbors they might have about 15-18 years left in their home. Ellie does not take NO for an answer.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei