Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Overwhelmed


I have so much to do this week and next week, I am "overwhelmingly" overwhelmed...well, that's what I told my daddy.

I have a conference to attend next week, 3 days away from home. It seemed like a good idea when I agreed to go last August.

But, this week, as I began to prepare for the SW visit and Ellie's birthday, while I was working on fundraising and preparing to speak at a local church, writing lesson plans to be out for 3 days, adding comments to progress reports, developing a list of students who will receive extra tutoring, my mind spinning all the time.

I thought, "I did not know we would be adopting again when I agreed to attend this conference. I did not know I would be fundraising. I did not know I would be preparing to go back to Africa."

I had just got off the phone with my sweet daddy.

I'm a slow learner.

But, I had an Aha! moment.

I didn't know this is the place where I would be.

But, God did.

I know, you were probably already thinking that, right?

I didn't know how crazy I would feel this week, but God did.

So, I changed my perspective a little.

I decided everything is going to be alright. Greater is He that is in me, than he that is in the world. He is my helper, the shade upon my right hand.

So, you see that photo up there. That's my great-niece Maddison. You've seen her before. But, I want to take a few lessons from her. Nothing is more fun to her than a ride in the jeep with Ellie at the wheel. (Living on edge, right?) But, the whole time she is riding, she squeals. Her mouth is open wide in most of the photos I took.

I hope tomorrow my attitude is a little better. I hope you see me with my mouth open enjoying the ride. ;)




1 comment:

jasnjoj said...

Now that I would love to see, Robbie (just don't try it during Love Bug season)! Love you, friend!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei