Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, February 24, 2011

Never Give Up

A dear friend called last night. There was despair in her voice. I told her I didn't have words as we spoke, but I would spend time in prayer for her.

This morning, I believe God sent words, and as I prayed for her, I thought of you. Whoever you might be out there today, I wonder if someone else needs these words, too. I really believe someone does. So, I actually look forward to hearing from one of you today, one of you who says, "Hey, that is JUST what I needed."

My friend is stepping out in faith, making a huge leap of committment to do something for God. But, last night, she received criticism, another unknown critic, someone who told somebody who told somebody.

So, here's what I was hearing from God.

When you do BIG things for God, Satan gets BIG mad and BIG scared. He can't have your soul, but he will try to steal your joy. That's what he does, you know. He comes to steal and destroy. I didn't say that. God did, in HIS word. When you feel discouraged, those feelings did NOT come from our Almighty Father. He may have a different direction for your life, but He does not send discouragement.

So, as I was praying this morning, I thought about Isaiah 41:10
Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed......Well, I looked it up and KNEW those were words for my friend because I didn't remember the verses surrounding it, and she needs those today as well:


9Thou whom I have taken from the ends of the earth, and called thee from the chief men thereof, and said unto thee, Thou art my servant; I have chosen thee, and not cast thee away.
10Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.
11Behold, all they that were incensed against thee shall be ashamed and confounded: they shall be as nothing; and they that strive with thee shall perish.

You see He called her, He has chosen her. That's why He will give her strength and uphold her. And, those critics, well, you see what God thinks of all of that when you read verse 11.

So, dear friend, if God is calling you to greater things, know that tribulation will come, critics will come, too. (We've had our share.) But, God is there to hold you up. He is there to give you strength. He is there to be certain you overcome.

Don't give up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

8 comments:

mamaluv5 said...

THANK YOU! It's been a tough few weeks with our recently adopted older children, what a blessing those words were! I'm claiming back our JOY =)

Anonymous said...

Mamaluv5 PRAYING for you! Thanks Robin my coworker really needed this today. Now I can pass it on!:)
Joy

Nate and Brenda said...

Ha ha ha! Can I say I needed to hear that! We are discerning whether or not God is calling us to move to Haiti for awhile. I know we will get words of critiscm from family, friends and other places. I love what God gave you for your friend.

Carr525 said...

Just began following your blog, and so glad I did! We our beginning our adoption process. My husband and I have said for a long time that we feel like we're supposed to "get out of the boat" and step out in faith. Lately, though...its been more like Jesus is in the boat with us PUSHING us off the edge and saying, "Get out, already!!" lol But while we're ready to move with faith, there are many, many people who would, while well-intentioned, be our nay-sayers and joy-stealers. Yours was a timely word today...so thanks. :)

devin.whitmill said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post I really needed some confirmation and this is some. You know you read blog after blog and everyone is just speaking about all the wonderful things leading up to adoption but in our case this has been a little rough and off the path. The enemy has stuck his nose in and done alot of discouraging. Now its headed full steam ahead and we are excited. The enemy still is mad big time but he doesnt win. Greater is he that is in me than he that is in the world. Thanks again!!!!

Karin said...

Love this!! SO very true. Isaiah 41:10 is one of my favorite verses. :)

trac said...

Who knows when you posted this, but I am at this blog for the very first time this morning and I give thanks for you and for your witness and for His holy word! Thank you for reminding me of Who will win the battles for us.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei