Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, September 4, 2011

Simply Sweet


You know it's been a good day when your daughter prays, "Thank you, Jesus, for a good day....we got to go to a birthday party, swimming with Mama and Grandpa, and we got to make homemade donuts."

Labor Day weekend has sent many people on a last "vacation" to the beach and other places.

I've enjoyed my time at home!

The return to school with a new schedule and new responsibilities has kept me super busy, so this three days at home have brought sweet peace and rest.

Stan was going to a friend's house to watch the first UGA game, so I told the girls we would make homemade donuts. I remembered how much I enjoyed making them with my mama, but I didn't realize how much fun the girls would think it was. Even while we were swimming, they said, "Hey Grandpa! Guess what we get to do tonight. We get to make homemade donuts."

If you want a cheap, simple, non-nutritious way to make your children smile, grab a can of biscuits, a Coke bottle cap, some powedered sugar, and some milk. If you have really never experienced the pleasure, send me an email and I'll add the easy details.





4 comments:

Amy said...

Ok you and Sabrina have posted about this recently so let me know how!! Thanks!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Love those! So glad to see JT smiling! Yes it was definately time for a breather from school. We do not get another break until Thanksgiving. NONclassroom people in a nice quiet office made our school calendar. Enjoy your day!
Joy

Agee Family said...

My kids love that! It is a great way to have fun!

Annie said...

OK, I have got to have the recipe!!! My kids would LOVE that! Can you email me Robbie at 5puppies@comcast.net?? Yum!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei