Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Friday, January 20, 2012

Mom and JT's Day Out

With the storm we suffered over the last few months, and the upcoming BIG changes in our family dynamics, I have realized that I need to give my kids some one-on-one Mama time. (Stan get's his share, too.)

Over the holidays, I spent a day out with each of the little kids individually.

I enjoyed my day out with Josie-Tatum as much, if not more, than she did.

We had gone ice skating with Kennith and his youth group before Christmas, and Josie-Tatum wanted to to back.

So, one day after Christmas, Josie-Tatum and I left for Savannah, just the two of us.

We did go ice skating and had such fun, while burning a few calories at the same time.



When we had gone ice skating before Christmas, we drove through beautiful downtown Savannah before heading to the mall. At the mall we met with Kennith and his youth group for lunch. As we drove through downtown on Abercorn Street, we passed the Cathedral of Saint John the Baptist. The girls thought it was beautiful, so I told them how much more beautiful it was inside.

Josie-Tatum remembered my saying that, so she asked if we could go see the inside. After ice skating, I typed the address for the cathedral into the GPS and realized we were within walking distance. Since she loves a good walk as much as her mother, we decided to walk through the lovely historic city on our way to the church.




The weather was as beautiful as the city!


It had been at least 20 years since I had been inside St. John's, and I had forgotten how extravagant it was, had forgotten about the tree made of poinsettias displayed at Christmas, forgotten about the Holy hush felt when you enter the building.





We ended our date with a picnic I had already prepared. We sat in the park in the square around which the cathedral stands.

It was a God-given heavenly moment. A day the LORD made. A day to rejoice and be glad in it.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei