Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, January 5, 2012

Twenty-Four Hours of Blessings

Yesterday I received a message from a friend M. M and I have never met, but the LORD connected us is a way that I won't try to explain now. But, if you are like me, you are amazed at how God connects so many people in the adoption community, the things you find you have common, the love and support you receive from people you've never met in person.

Well, M was thinking of me because her son J was taking a trip to China, and she had JUST learned that the group would be visiting the foster home where Dre is on Saturday. J was just hours away from leaving, and she emailed me a question, "Would you live for my son to tell Drew his parents say hello? Since it was last minute she offered to send a gift to him on our behalf."

Since I was at work, and she was not able to hear from me, she took the liberty...and I and so glad she did, to put together a care package for Drew. She even printed some recent photos of his family to send.

Last night, she sent me this photo.




And, on Saturday afternoon from 3:00-5:00 in China, while we are still sleeping, J will be meeting our Drew. He will be telling him that his Mama and Baba are on the way. He will be the first one to show him a photo of his family!!! I am thrilled.
(BTW, I was working already this week... getting a photo album ready to send to him. So, now before the photo album comes, he'll already have a gift and already know what his family looks like.

After I got home, STan and I went to town to have new photos made for our visas. We discussed the package Drew would be receiving while driving to town. After our visa photos were ready, he passed by a display of Match Box and Hot Wheels cars. When I reminded him that we have a Rubber Maid container full of cars that belonged to Caleb at home, he said, "The boys should have the joy of opening the package with a new car." Then, he spent his time looking at every car.

Not.

Even.

Kidding.

And, after he found the perfect six cars, he said, "I plan to buy two cars each week!"

I had a blast just watching him enjoy looking through cars. He came home and put them in a special place, where he plans to keep purchases he makes for the boys.
God is soooooo good.



Then, when I was getting dressed for work this morning, and Stan was in the tub...I brought my computer into the bathroom so I could listen to The Fish Atlanta on the computer, so I checked my email.

Surprise!

A message from the founder of Drew's foster home.

Here are some pictures which Tina took of ZZ during the Christmas party. He is a vivacious, energetic, and very smart little guy! We marvel at how the Lord chose you for him and him for you, because he has so much potential for all that energy and brainpower! It takes a strong and wise mother to raise him in the way of the Lord. I am sure your husband is also a strong and wise leader for your family. When it's time to go, ZZ would be so excited!! We can't wait to see him united with his God-given, forever family! The angels in heaven must rejoice with us! Meanwhile, please take care and keep well! Please give Ellie a big hug from us! :-)

Blessings,
Amy


And, photos!!






Check back tomorrow. I have someone who must be introduced before another member of my family "disowns" me. ;) You know who you are.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh, he's such a handsome boy! I'm so happy for you all!

Karin said...

So amazing! I'm very touched by 'M." And your little guy is adorable. :)

Terry said...

that is so awesome! and I love the christmas hats! Arielle told me she believed in Santa but he never came and left presents, broke my heart! So awesome to know that there are 2 less orphans in the world Robbie :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei