Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, February 27, 2012

Needed--For the Boys' Room

So...I thought there might be a few of you out there who'd like to see this:



No...that is NOT the boys' bedroom, but it is the bedding I have purchased for them.

I am almost, but not quite, ashamed that the beds in that particular room are currently covered with the same comforters that I purchased for Caleb when we built this house...um....18 years ago...

Yes...go ahead...call me a trend setter.

Well, mine and Stan's room has been updated, the girls' room has too, but the boys...well they didn't really care.

And, since we leave for China in

SIXTEEN DAYS!!!!

I figure it is time to get busy with that room.

Whitney is, right now, as I type at 10:57 PM working towards getting the old Atlanta Braves wallpaper border off the walls. She has a desire to paint the walls, so I am going to let her...and she did get much practice painting during her mission work in San Francisco this summer.

Currently in the room are bunk beds, and they have long since served their purpose. We bought them for Whitney's room over 20 years ago when we were expecting Caleb!

Now, however, I do not want Drew or Zeke sleeping on a top bunk when we come home, so we are going to put a double bed in their room.

Since the title of this post is "Needed--For the Boys' Room," I should share with you what we need.

We need a set of full mattresses.

I figure there must be at least one of our readers who has an old set they would like to sell for a very cheap price...or maybe even just ask us to take them off their hands.

So, if you or someone you know is that person...and if you or that person you know happens to live in south Georgia...email me!

And, now that it is after 11:00 PM, and I must teach school tomorrow, while being kind to fourth graders at the same time, I am off to bed, just 1 1/2 hours past my bedtime.

Off to sweet dreams of China!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei