Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, October 15, 2012

Five Years Ago

Our life changed!!!


The mess maker at the bottom of the heap entered the room, and we have never regretted scooping her up and taking her home.














You all know Ellie:
Vivacious, tenacious, loving, caring, loud, and lovely. Full of compassion, full of energy, full of joy!

 
From the first moment I saw her face, I felt connected in some way. I could  never explain that feeling to anyone, except other adoptive parents. We trusted Jesus...that he was calling us to her. I didn't even know what a lipmeningocele was. We did NOT include spina bifida on our "checklist" of needs were willing to consider.
 
But JESUS knew~

 
We needed her to make our family all that He wanted it to be.

 
Happy Gotcha Day, Ellie!
I am so glad Jesus gave you to me!!!!!
 

1 comment:

Aus said...

Happy Gotcha Day y'all - glad to know you!

hugs - aus and co.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei