Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Birthday Girl


Ellie knew for days her birthday was coming. You could ask, "Who's having a birthday?" And she would shout, "Me!" while patting her chest. Somehow, Josie-Tatum had a birthday hat, and she wore it 2 different nights at the supper table. This night was her actual birthday, and she's wearing the pajamas from Aunt Melanie.

We had her birthday party at the city park. The weather at the park was beautiful. We had a spectacular "winter" day in south Georgia. It was perfect for a birthday party. All the little kids played, and I had all 5 of my kids in one place so I could try to take a picture.





Turn your head!





Okay, turn your head again, sideways. ;) I should have rotated the pictures, and I forgot. Brandon was looking forward to capturing an interesting look on Josie-Tatum's face for the camera. How 'bout that look on his face? Who's having more fun?







Between college full time and working part time, Whitney's not home much. I finally had the camera nearby to catch a photo of Whit and E playing together.














This is my mom. One of Ellie's favorite sentences, "I want go see Bama (Grandma.) Thank you, LORD, she lives next door!











They're so cute when they're playing well together!













3 comments:

Unknown said...

Too cute! Did you get my shutterfly albums of the party? Also, I noticed that you are "Blessed mom of 4." You need to change that! :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

What beautiful pictures. I'm so happy you posted them. Ellie has such a lovely smile and her eyes just sparkle. Actually, all your kiddos are pretty darn cute.

Hugs to you and your family, Robbie.

Love,
Kim K.

Terry said...

Happy Birthday Ellie!!!!! Terry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei