Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, February 11, 2008

Soccer and Stuff

Check out my blonde-headed son! What an awesome photo taken by a friend. The weather was beautiful for the starting game of the season. I told Brandon that when Caleb took up tennis 5 years ago, I bought the book Tennis for Dummies, so I would know what was going on. Now that we've added Brandon to our family, I'll have to buy The Complete Idiot's Guide to Soccer. :)
Okay, I don't think this second action shot is a play that will go in the record books, but, as you can see, Brandon takes his soccer seriously.

THE GIRLS
Sometimes the girls are so sweet! We had such a busy week last week. Monday, many errands after school, Tuesday was Josie-Tatum's Gotcha Day, which I'd like to reflect more on, maybe later. Tuesday we drove to Jacksonville for a dr's appt for Ellie, then back home and out to eat to celebrate Gotcha. Wednesday was church. Thursday was a birthday party in the evening.

I was so tired on Thursday at the party, but Josie-Tatum blessed me more than she will ever know. She spent much of her time with her sister at the party. She played with her friends, but she kept coming back to Ellie. She helped her climb, slide, and bounce. She was protective if somebody bumped into her sister or pushed past her. It was a precious sight that brought tears to the eyes of a tired Mama.

On Saturday, we sat on blankets as we watched Brandon's 3 scrimmage soccer games. The girls enjoyed the sunshine, rolling around each other on the blanket. They sang Chinese songs from Mei Mei videos and became quite the entertainment for our neighbors. Unknown to me, the same friend photographing the boys playing the game had begun to photograph the girls. When Josie-Tatum realized what was going on, she started posing and setting up the poses


Please continue to pray for us and Ellie was we visit doctors and sort through all the medical information. We need wisdom from above for proceeding with her orthapedic care.


2 comments:

Terry said...

What awesome and precious photos these are! Terry

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a great action shot of your son. As always, I'm captured by your girls. It's hard to believe that you can have such beautiful weather right now. We've had blizzard conditions and barely any sun. I'm jealous of your warm weather. Keep the updates coming. Ellie's treatment options continue to be in my prayers.

Love,
Kim K.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei