Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, September 3, 2008

A Not So Good Day



So, how could I call it a "Not So Good Day" and get a picture like that? Well, it was not so good. We had good moments, but they were few.

Ellie awoke at 1:30 this morning. She was screaming and her nose was bleeding. It made her more upset to pinch her nose to stop the blood flow. She, who is very strong, would pull my hand away before we could get a clot.
Then, I laid down with her, but she kept pointing. I asked if she wanted to go downstairs to my room. We did, she wasn't happy, we got up, we rocked, she decided it was time to play. I asked if we could lie on the floor together. She said yes. She wanted to watch TV. I said no. I have no idea what time she and I went back to sleep, but all too soon it was 6:30 and time to get JT ready for school.

We took Josie-Tatum to school, and Ellie cried all the way home b/c she missed her sister. I finally went to bed with her and let her scream until she took a nap..short...the phone rang woke her up.

While she was happy for about an hour on the computer, she spent the rest of the day a very cranky little girl, who needed sleep.

We went to visit friends who had invited us for lunch. (you may remember her future husband Daniel from previous posts.) Well, she was not the best of friends today. All of Joli's children were kind when she was not. They tried to help her, she fussed. They wanted to see her cast, she fussed. But, they continued to use their manners when she was forgetting hers.

While watching a Mei Mei video, however, her children were so kind, especialy Elisabeth, who would hold her hands and dance around her. Ellie would dance in my lap. For the first time, around 1:30 this afternoon, she was a happy girl. (I had tried, as you will notice in one picture, to stand and dance with her. Man, that tires out an old woman who need sleep.)

Ellie refused to close her eyes, so we went to see our baby cousin, and Ellie continued to be upset when he touched her or her mother.

After coming home, she screamed and screamed until I finally went to bed with her. She was asleep very shortly, which means, she is now sleeping soundly at 6:11 PM. So, what does that mean for tonight?










Here's a picture I accidentally loaded, but rather than delete it, I thought I'd leave it here to show you what crazy boys I live with. Gotta love them!

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm alittle worried about what's in story with your night and Ellie's fun behavior and sleep patterns for today. I'm praying for you, Robbie. I love all your pictures. Keep them coming!!

Terry said...

Oh Robbie I am so sorry and praying you and Ellie both get some sleep tonight! By the way, I love the last pic....heehehhee, Terry

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei