Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Saturday, April 4, 2009

Exceeding Abundantly More Than I Could Imagine

God is proving himself faithful, magnifying his name, and speaking to my heart in ways I would never imagine.

On Thursday, he spoke through a child....

There is a little boy named Joseph in Josie-Tatum's kindergarten class. Joseph was adopted through the foster care system. Josie-Tatum and I have had conversations about how much they have in common. Joseph's mother came to see me Thursday. She said...

"Joseph received a $5.00 check for his birthday in January, and had
lost it. He has been very upset recently, insisting that we find it." Joseph finally told his mother, I need to find that check and cash it. I want to give the $5.00 to Josie-Tatum because she's going to South Africa to help little children
who don't have families. Joseph's mother has rheumatoid arthritis, and is undergoing chemo to try and force the RA into remission. She took the time yesterday, as sick as she was, to take Joseph to the bank. He endorsed his own check and brought Josie-Tatum $5.00 today at school.

Somehow, I know that the angels in heaven looked down on that little child and sang a few bars of the Hallelujah Chorus--as excitedly as I sang about our $900
contribution. I have so desired that God use Josie-Tatum, and manifest His glory during this season of our lives. Our pastor has spoken words to make my prayer be I want this to be HIS mission, while I am along for the ride.

What a thrilling ride it is!!!!

Meeting Karen
When we first began the adoption process, I never could have imagined the friends I would make as our family grew. God has connected us with so many in the adoption community, faithful prayer warriors who share our heart for the fatherless.

This was the second time I've met Karen in person. She is part of my Children of Promise family, and while we communicate regularly via the internet, this week I met her again via the interstate. Living in south Georgia, I've been privileged to meet some of my internet adoption friends as they travel to Florida for vacation.

I thank God for the time I spent with her family and for the blessings she has shared with me. What a great God we serve!




No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei