Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Greatest GIFT!!!!!

Like all of my favorite heart-warming stories, it begins on Christmas Eve.


In this story, though, I would play a supporting role.....

I woke up at 5:30 a.m. to put the turkey on the smoker.(You know I love to cook.)
I rested a little while longer and then spent the entire day cooking, preparing our home for our Annual Family Christmas Eve Dinner.


At 5:30 p.m., dinner is almost ready. I run, as I do every year, to the bathroom to freshen up my hair and make up. I place the dressing and sweet potato casserole that I prepared earlier in the day in the oven. And, as usual, the girls and I make a mad dash for church.

Every year, on Christmas Eve, we meet at our church to share the LORD'S SUPPER. It's always a quiet service, with many families out of town and unable to attend. And, though I have been busy during the day, I love those few minutes when I am able to stop and reflect on THE GIFT of Christmas.



I had no idea, though, that on this Christmas Eve, the LORD was preparing to send me another gift.

We pull up to the church, and I have TWO minutes to get to the piano. (I am the pianist.) Josie-Tatum, though, slows me down. She asks, "Mama, what do you have to do to be saved anyway?" The question is so sincere, I know in my heart she has become a true seeker. I have only two minutes, though, so I say, "Tonight, when we have our Bible story, we will talk about it."

We finished the evening with services at church, the best ever meal, opening gifts, and family fun. But, after puajamas and just before bed, with thoughts of St. Nick in many little ones' heads, Josie-Tatum and I began to read the Bible.

And, we walked down the Roman Road.

Romans 3:23 "For all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God."

Romans 6:23a "...The wages of sin is death..."

Romans 6:23b "...But the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord."

Romans 5:8, "God demonstrates His own love for us, in that while we were yet sinners Christ died for us!"

Romans 10:13 "Whoever will call on the name of the Lord will be saved!"

Romans 10:9,10 "...If you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Jesus from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation."

As we discussed each verse, Josie-Tatum said she believed it all. She said, "Of course, I believe it. It's in the Bible isn't it?" I asked her if she was ready, and she pondered a moment, before saying she was. After we prayed together she said, "I feel so good!"

And, tonight, she showed outwardly what the LORD has worked inwardly.





What a joy, what a blessing! To know that God gave her to me, so I could teach her about His Son, and give her back to Him. What a privilege! My other children all expressed their desire to be saved at church, and other adults in the church lead them through the plan of salvation. But, this time, I had the most blessed opportunity of all.

This Christmas, I truly received the greatest gift!

6 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow!! That is the BEST heart-warming story! Tell my sister, JT, that we love her!

Musings from Kim K. said...

You must be so PROUD! What a wonderful gift that you've shared with your daughter. Blessings.

Marla said...

What a wonderful gift indeed! You must be so proud of her!

Lynn said...

Awesome... what a good momma to not say to her... "you are too young to understand".... I've heard that said so often.... and it always makes me so sad.... what a blessed gift!

Anonymous said...

Oh Robbie!
How wonderful! You must be so proud because I sure am!!:)
Please give your girlies hugs from Anna and me!
take care,
hollym.

Becky said...

What a fabulous gift indeed! You must be so very proud of Josie-Tatum! Such a heart-warming story...

Missed checking in on you (computer problems) but now I'm back on track.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei