Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Prayers----Big and Small


So, do you wonder how purple elephants and prayer are related?

It was during my bedtime prayers with the girls that I was struck with this thought....we've been praying for the money to take the girls to Disney World for Ellie's birthday next month and Josie-Tatum's Gotcha Day. Not every night, but many times, I heard Josie-Tatum ask, "And, please let us get enough money to go to Disney World." (She reserves every night for orphans.)

So, we're praying tonight and I realized that God has sent his angels to answer the prayer of a child.

I received a promotional deal from Disney in the mail, and saved 30% on a value resort in the park.

Once again, we will have several admissions given to us by grandparents of friends. Praise the LORD!!! We still had four tickets left to purchase. Then, I saw the advertisements on television for the Disney, Give and Day, Get a Day program. It didn't take long for me to be on the computer checking that out.

Last Saturday, Stan and I spent the day in Valdosta at the ReStore for Habitat for Humanity. In return for our work, Disney will give us each a ticket. Two to go....

Then, I heard from another organization who will be sponsoring an activity that will allow Josie-Tatum to vounteer and earn a ticket. One to go......and then, I realized a way to earn another.

My grandfather gave the girls their yearly birthday/Christmas money, and now the hotel bill is covered....all but $130. I can't wait to see how the LORD provides.

So, the elephants............

Josie-Tatum took a photo of the elephants. Yes, Kim, we spent the afternoon crafting. JT, Ellie, and our friend Kati, whose family is joining us at WDW, spent the afternoon making Valentine's cards for Senior citizens. I found some really cute ideas at FamilyFun.go.com

And, then I began to reflect.....I thought about last February, when Josie-Tatum had the flu, and she really wanted to go to Chinese New Year. I remembered that she asked me at bedtime who we might call to ask to pray that her fever would go down. We called Grandma and Grandpa and Aunt Bobbie, and you guessed it...her fever broke.

And, of course, last year, when she had the desire to go somewhere to help orphans. And our Wonder-Working God made the crooked paths straight, sent more than the $6,000 we needed, and we found ourselves in South Africa.

If only we all had the faith of a child.......

Enjoy the photos of our afternoon. More to come when we're done...


1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love your shout-out and crafting pictures. You so warmed my heart this evening. I can't wait to see Disney World pictures too. Your family has earned this trip 10 times over. Hopefully, the weather warms up soon in FL. Hugs!!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei