Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Life is Crazy

I promise to post some fun pictures of our Christmas break....after Christmas Day.
But, let me whine and gain some sympathy.


In the past 24 hours.......

I went back to work, whine, after 2 weeks off.
I balanced the check book and realized we had spent more than I thought on Christmas, so a very tight January.
My dog ran under the tire of a truck.
The man who hit the dog tried to help.
My dog bit the man ON THE NECK!
I invited a bleeding stranger into my house.
The dog's vet bill was $157.
Did I mention the very tight January?
Ellie spilled her drink at supper.
Stan yelled. (We were all a little stressed.)
The heater started acting up.
STan fixed the heater.
The well filter clogged.
Stan and Daddy replaced the filter.
At 3:30 a.m., Stan got up to....GO....and there was no water.
The filter had clogged again, and the pressure was cut down so, though we left water dripping, pipes were beginning to freeze.
Stan was able to get things going.....
At 8:30, Whitney called me at work.
Our laundry room was flooded.
Daddy came over and replaced a leaking pipe on the water heater.
Brandon left for college again.
I came home to soaking laundry that my big kids left on the floor.
I did lots of sorting and more laundry...some I had already done once!

I'm going to bed.

1 comment:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I hope you sleep well. It sounds like an all-around stinky 24 hours. Tomorrow has to be better!! Hugs.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei