Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, September 5, 2010

Beautiful, Blessed, Bitter-Sweet




You see one of the beautiful, blessed moments!

This weekend has been a whirlwind. I sit here typing late tonight, my eyes brimming with tears, because I am saddened by the thought that it is over.

We began with much excitement on Thursday night. We left for the airport.

Twelve of us arrived at the airport to see Caleb. Aunt Bobbie, Uncle Shannon, Josh, Grandma and Grandpa had not seen him since February.

Silly Camera....I almost missed it, but here he comes...

And we got to take him home...the first time since February 16th.


And he slept on the couch, like old times. ;)


On Friday morning, he went with me to take the girls to school.



This was the day I fought back tears the most....A student in third grade passed by Caleb as he walked Josie-Tatum into her class. He walked up to Caleb and only said, "Thank you," and then he kept walking back to class. Somebody has taught their son well, I am certain, by example.

Caleb had not seen the new school where I am teaching, so we took a tour. We visited with both of the classes I teach, and they were thrilled to meet him. We surprised Aunt Melanie with a visit, too. AT the school, Caleb had his photo with his 5th grade teacher and Mrs. Shay. Mrs. Shay teaches Pre-K, and she taught Caleb in Sunday School when he was 5 years old. She remembers well when he regularly asked her if he could sit in her lap.





On Friday night, we held the rehearsal. It was such fun to be with Caleb surrounded by so many people who love him and love Casie. To hear his laughter with Brandon's and my nephew Joshua's...such music.





And, then there was the rehearsal dinner. Praise the LORD for my friends who agreed to serve and keep things running smoothly. And, Aunt Melanie, who came home from school, made MORE potatoe salad and stayed at the church the rest of the evening.






z90M3IKQ7ME/

On Sunday, we had a covered dish dinner/shower for families. The shower was hosted by our church, with friends and families invited. It was a special time that our family could all be together again, without the stressors of wedding rehearsal or preparations. One of Caleb and Brandon's close friends came with his family. Those boys had more fun than anyone I think. But, of course, they have always known how to have fun together. Oh, how I enjoyed the laughter.


And, then, today was the BIG Day..the day my son became a husband, the day I gained a new daughter. Well, Casie has been a part of our family for a long time.







There will be many more photos and special memories to share...as soon as I get my computer back and life slows down a little.

And, now the bitter sweet moment. Please, please be in prayer for us on Monday afternoon. Caleb has to catch a flight early in the evening, and Casie is not able to go with him right now. We shall all be quite saddened. I shall try to remember to praise the LORD and feast on the memories we've made this weekend.

It was beautiful. It was blessed.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

It was a sweet ceremony. We'll be praying for you all. Love you!

Anita said...

Ah Robbie - LOVE all the pics and watching Caleb get married to his sweetheart. I know many of the emotions having gone through it now once with our oldest and getting ready to do it all over again with Jennifer. Praying for you today!

Kathryn said...

Oh Robbie! How I cried through this post! What a beautiful story! I will be praying today for you all as Caleb leaves. It's not goodbye, just see you later!!
Thank you for sharing your life with us! Congratulations to you all!! Blessings, Blessings!!

Musings from Kim K. said...

Continued prayers and blessings to your family, Robbie. All those pictures are just so beautiful. Congratulations. Extra hugs today!!!

Nate and Brenda said...

Just beautiful!!

Sarah said...

Beautiful! And congratulations!

Terry said...

Robbie I had tears as I went through the post...how beautiful your "new" daughter is and amazingly handsome Caleb is. Praise God. And seeing the girls so happy...gosh you are a blessed woman! Love you sisiter!

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

this post totally made my cry... so happy for yall!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei