Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, December 26, 2010

Never a Merrier Christmas

Stan said that today...not those exact words, but they carried the same meaning.




This Christmas has been blessed beyond what I deserve. And, that's what I thought of on Christmas Eve. After cooking all day, I slowed down long enough to go to our church's annual Christma Eve service, a simple service where we observe the LORD's supper.




As we were driving away, I pondered the bread and the wine. The bread...his body...the sacrifice he gave for us. And, the wine...his blood....that covers my sins. I am not perfect, but because of His sacrifice for us, I am blessed beyond what I deserve. So here's our Christmas week, in more photos than you may want to see. ;)




After recovering from strep throat, I was able to keep the Mattox Family Tradition of baking and decorating cookies the day before Christmas Eve. As usual, my nephew Joshua joined us, but this time his 23-year-old sister Lindsey was able to join us. I think she enjoyed it most, as it had been several years since she had been able to come. And, of course, Casie was with us this year!




BTW, Caleb said we only eat the "weak" ones while we are baking....those with broken bits...or weak enough to crumble. ;)

Then, I spent Christmas Eve cooking all day. (Well I started the night before as usual.) I had the corn bread baked for the dressing and the sweet potatoes baked for the casserole. Stan and I got up together at 5 a.m. to put the turkey on the smoker. I have such fond memories of eating with my grandmother on Christmas Eve, and since she passed away, I keep that tradition alive for my children. I love having family in our home!




And, of course, there were gifts. As any mother knows, the greatest joy from gift time is watching our children enjoy their gifts. (Doesn't that sound just like Jesus?) Ellie was the most dramatic, and I am disappointed I don't have much of that on video.



Last year, Josie-Tatum was saved on Christmas Eve, and she brought that up several times over the week. How blessed I was to watch her remember with joy that her spiritual birthday was coming up.

We were beyond blessed to have Caleb and Casie home with us. (And BTW, blizzard in CT means cancelled flights..AND they're still here.) Yippee!! Late Christmas present for me.

But, the most special material Christmas gift we received came from many of you. Thank you to those of you who gave to us this Christmas to help make it possible for two little boys to be home with their family next Christmas.(Take a look at the current thermometer!) Some of your gifts were so generous, I gasped with tears in my eyes. Some of your gifts seemed quite small in the human eye, but I thought of the widow who gave her two coins, and the greater gift that was in the eyes of Jesus. But, to each of you who have given, my heart has been warmed. To those of you who have prayed, please continue. To those who have given and thos who plan to give later, I pray that LORD blesses you in a way that exceeds your imagination!

May we keep the Spirit of Christmas all through the year!
Robbie

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei