Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, March 24, 2011

Why Have They Not So Much As Heard?


I've spent much time seeking the Face of the Father today, seeking to know His will, seeking to know His path. I began reading through portions of the book of Acts, hoping to learn from the apostle Paul, and how He knew the paths God would have him take, when I came across this statement, "We have not so much as heard." While the Ephesians were referring to their knowledge of the Holy Spirit, I wondered....


How many people in our churches would say that about the orphan crisis in our world today? Why is is that so many people stop me when I'm wearing a 147 Million Orphans shirt and ask, "Really, are there that many orphans in the world?"


Why have they not so much as heard?


Are we sharing the message?


If you are a "frequent flyer" on our blog, you know. Many of you reading this post today knew before you visited our blog. You have already responded, through adoption, through sponsorship, through your love and support of our adoption.


But.....so many people, Christian people, still don't know!!!!


Now, if you're still reading.......I have yet another confession to make:


Another Confession

As the time for our mission trip draws nearer, my faith is truly being tested. We need over $10,000. We have just under $8,000. I say, like the father of the boy with an unclean spirit , "LORD, I believe. Help my unbelief."
So, allow my to ramble a bit through my prayers of the day.
Why does their seem to be a hindrance to the raising the funds needed for our mission to South Africa?
Is it to draw me nearer to Him? If so, praise the LORD! I will thank Him and do thank Him, for I have had some sweet fellowship with Him in the last 3 weeks, 3 days I have devoted to prayer. How great is our God, how loving and gracious, to desire for us to spend time with Him.
Is it because it is not His will for us to go to South Africa? I'll say again I can't find peace with that thought. Everywhere I look in scripture, I see His commandments to visit the orphan, to care for their needs. I read where He commands us to go into all the world. I have yet to read in His word anything that leads me away from our committment to South Africa.
Is there a stronghold resisting the work to be done? How can we come against it? I have put on the whole armor of God. I have claimed the authority God gives us over ALL of the power of the enemy.


Then, I began my study of Acts today. Three verses have begun to ring over and over in my heart and mind.

12:2 But, prayers were made without ceasing of the church unto God for him. Again, I ask you to join me in prayer. Pray that the LORD would make His path clear for us. Pray that any stronghold of the enemy would be torn down!! Pray for every member of the mission team. Pray for God's miraculous provision.

19:2 We have not so much as heard. We must carry the message, we must be certain others hear the cry of the orphan, we must be diligent in our efforts. If you believe your church, your Sunday School class, your small group, your friends, or any others need to hear the message, share it! I would love to be a part.

I decided today that I must become more bold in my efforts to spread the message. How can others help if they have not heard of the need? I'm willing to live foolishly for Jesus, so I will ask you, "Do you know of a group I can speak to?" I am desirous to share the message that 147 million orphans need love, need care, need families. I am ready to share the message, and ask like the woman who repeatedly visited the unjust judge, "Can you help?"

Because of this verse:

19:17 That the name of the LORD Jesus be magnified....

If can commit to fervent prayer for our misison to South Africa, leave a comment or send me an email.

I'm headed now to my prayer closet!




3 comments:

Amy said...

Im with you girl! Will call tomorrow with concert contact info.

Agee Family said...

Praying with you sister!

Anonymous said...

Are you any where near the wildfire? Hope not.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei