Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Saturday, June 18, 2011

...hacking is only fun if you're the hacker :-)


Hello my mommy's bloggy world,
I'm pretty sure my mommy won't see this until she gets home from South Africa, but I decided to have a little fun tonight :-) See, I miss my mommy a whole, whole lot, and it's gonna be a great day when she gets back and I can talk to her about all the things I've gotten to do so far in San Francisco.
I would ask that y'all pray for us that are here. There are 5 missionaries from GA and 2 from Mississippi. We've been doing service projects, and my 'cohort' Brittany and I did a Vacation Bible School at a church that hadn't had one in 5 years, which was both incredibly challenging but rewarding! Most of the kids we had had never really heard the name of Jesus and hadn't been inside of a church since they were little. For the next few weeks we'll be doing Vacation Bible Schools at 2 other churches (and it'll be less stressful than this past week, hopefully), one church being the Mandarin baptist church, which I'm excited about :-) Anyways, we'll also be ministering to people participating in the Pride March next weekend, and I'd ask that y'all would bathe that in prayer. We won't be in anyone's face, but we will be showing them Jesus in a way that's not confrontational or judgemental.
San Francisco is a city that is a fertile ground for the gospel, but the laborers are few. Greater things are yet to come and greater things are still to be done in this city!

Mommy, I <3 you! It's so cool to tell people that my mom, cousin, and sister are serving Jesus in South Africa while I'm serving Him across the country. I'll talk to you when you get home! <3 you!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So cool to hear about what you are doing! As a mom with Chinese daughters the VBS at the mandarin church is very exciting! Praying for you and know that your parents must be so proud of you! Keep us posted!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei