Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Friday, June 10, 2011

Our First Week

Our first week has been incredibly blessed! I continue to stand amazed at the grace and goodness of God! We have seen children, taught children, sang with children, played with children.

In the evenings, we have been blessed to "play" with the five orphans who live here in on the mission base. To hear their laughter, to hold their hands, to sing with them....a blessing that can only be experienced to understand.



Our first week has been incredibly blessed! I continue to stand amazed at the grace and goodness of God! We have seen children, taught children, sang with children, played with children.

I have heard, "I love you Mrs. Robbie," and received the sweetest "hugs"!

Joshua, aka Moose, has been quite a hit! The children love to hear him beat box. And, out the outreach, the children loved his "hair." The first day were here, he went out on break and did the beat box for the children. The following day students were in my Bible story class. They asked, "Moose? Will we see Mr. Moose today?" He is enjoying time with the the other two missionary young men who are here as well.

e

I continue to think throughout the day.....only eternity will tell the miracles that have begun to occur this week. My finite understanding canNOT imagine the work God is doing here as we share His love with these children.

Somebody give Ellie a kiss from her Mama!

I only have a few minutes and can only post a few photos. I hope to do so every few days. Continue to pray for us. I have so much more to share with you when I get back home. I have touched the face of God!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

So glad to see this post from you, sister. I asked Bobbie just today if she had heard from you. Praying for you all! Love you!

Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you. Josie T looks absolutely radiant with joy... God's love shows on her face!:) Praying for you all. Have fun sharing God's word!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei