Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, June 4, 2012

It's Beginning to Smell

a lot like summer!!!!

This evening after supper as I cleaned in the dining room, the air conditioner came on again. That's when I smelled it.

The intake was pulling the sweet aroma of dessert from the oven in the kitchen and dispersing it throughout the house. And, it smelled like summer.

I love to make fresh fruit cobblers, crumbles, and crisps during the summer. On Friday, we went to Nana's house and picked lots of blueberries from her huge blueberry bush. (Unfortunately, I forgot my camera.) The four littles had fun, though Zhuang Zhuang got tired quickly.

Qing Zhuang, however, kept wanting to pick more and more. When we had really found all of the ripe berries I thought possible, everyone was ready to go home. Everyone except Qing Zhuang, that is. He kept saying, "Please, Mama. One more." It was sweet.

We had lunch, with fresh blueberries for dessert.

Then, Saturday night, I made a blueberry crisp, using this recipe:  Triple Berry Crisp Recipe .

Zhuang Zhuang, who had quickly grew tired of berry picking, loves to be in the kitchen. He hopped on a bar stool and watched my every move. I let him help when possible. He kept saying, "Hao chi", which translated means, "good food," or DELICIOUS! And, he hadn't even tried it.

It was a hit...a huge hit! I think this will be my all time favorite blueberry crisp recipe...but Qing Zhuang was not happy. He took one taste, and quickly announced his dislike. He prefers his blueberries all natural, not sugar, not crust. (I only wish I felt the same way.)

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei