Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Saturday, June 9, 2012

Rabbits, Horses, and Ducks, Oh MY!

We weren't following the yellow brick road, we didn't meet any lions, tigers, and bears, but we did have a little adventure Friday.

If you live in south Georgia, I highly recommend General Coffee State Park, especially if you have young children to entertain.

We started off today at the pioneer farm. Stan and I would have enjoyed the buildings and artifacts more, but the children l-o-v-e-d the animals. Note that Zeke is not the subject of any of these first photos. He preferred to observe the animals from afar.

 Drew loved the animals up close...until feeding time. We happened to have a few apples in our home that weren't eaten while they were their freshest, so we took them along. Daddy happened to have a pocket knife for cutting them into slices. When it came time to feed the animals, though, Drew backed away. He would only hold his daddy's hand, while Daddy fed the animals.





 If you know me well, you know I have bird phobia, and especially chicken fears. I did my best to stay away from the chickens and roosters not in the coop. I was not close to these chickens, I zoomed in....the chicks were cute...even to me.
 But, these chicks following their daddy onto the boardwalk and dock were much cuter.

 Zeke finally took his turn feeding animals. Throwing cheerios into the water to feed the ducks from the dock was much less intimidating than holding an apple in your hand while an animal exposed its teeth to take it from you.
 Just so you know that Mama was really there.




We ended the day with hiking of the wooded trails and playing on the playground. It was well worth the 45 minute drive, and even the five whole dollars we had to pay to enter the park.

God gives us such bountiful blessings in his creation. The simple things to us are marvelous works to be enjoyed.

1 comment:

Lee and Sarah VanGrunsven said...

I too have a bird phobia:) What a fun day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei