Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, January 13, 2013

Rainbow Days

 
 
Our family has been in a dark place. I can't and shouldn't go into the details here, because it is not my story alone to tell.
 
But...my story does include my GREAT GOD who has been holding my hand. It included many prayer warriors who are holding my hand up to God when I am too weak. It includes my quiet moments in the secret places with my Savior.
 
It includes my time in a new book. It's actually not a new book. I bought it a long time ago. John Ortberg's "God Is Closer Than You Think." I couldn't get into it when I bought it. But, God knew I would need it one day. And, I need it now. I am being reminded and learning at the same time that God is closer than I think.
 
And, this weekend God has sent me the gift of "rainbow days." As the book describes, "On rainbow days your life is filled with too much goodness and meaning for you to believe it is simply by chance...On rainbow days God seems to speak personally to you through Scripture." After a very dark place, God has sent me rainbow days to treasure as gifts and to keep me holding on.
 
  • I enjoyed Winter Jam with Moose and my girls Friday night.
  • We sang Jamie Grace songs ALL weekend.
  • The TV was never turned on until late Saturday evening because....
  • WE sang Jamie Grace songs ALL weekend.
  • My sweet Sister in the LORD who is my sister by blood let the boys stay the night with her so the girls and I could enjoy our time at Winter Jam.
  • I was able to sleep late on Saturday because my sister had my boys.
  • The girls fixed their own breakfast Saturday while I laid in bed even longer talking with My BEST FRIEND JESUS.
  • He spoke to me through songs and scripture and my new/old book.
  • I was reminded of my earthly best friend Melanie who has been withI me through many highs and many lows. God reminded me to be so thankful for her.
  • I jogged 5 miles.
  • Whitney cooked supper.
  • Church today was AWESOME!
  • God spoke directly to me at church.
  • God spoke to Josie-Tatum at church.
  • He has opened an amazing door: 
 
 
And, I'm going to have some fun with this one. I'll let you ponder what door He has opened, how I know he opened, and what a great adventure is just beginning!

4 comments:

Sheree said...

Great Blog! Keep on smiling, keep on singing.....You are my sunshine, my only sunshine, you make me happy....

Amy said...

You are quitting work and moving to South Africa??? :)

Aus said...

We know those dark days - we are in the midst of the forest right now too - and sometimes I wonder if the end will ever come...

praying with you - and asking for them in return...

and sharing a hint of the joy that you are seeing some light!

hugs - aus and co.

Anonymous said...

Praying for your every need!
Joy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei