Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, August 31, 2009

Troubled

A young adult who went to school with my older children committed suicide on Friday. She lived just a mile away.

Saturday morning, 8 people were murdered in a town I visit often, just an hour from my house. No clues, no suspects.....

Sunday morning, another child the same age as my older children, found her mother dead in the bed. I graduated from high school with her mother. She lives less than 5 miles from my home.

Monday morning, I learned of the death of a Chinese adoptee. Her mother has been arrested. Every adoptive child is dear to my heart. I prayed for her mother. Many people prayed for her mother.

I am reminded today that we live in a fallen world, where there is so much sin, and so much heart ache.

Does our light shine brightly? Or is it hidden under a bushel?

1 comment:

Amy said...

Oh, no! Do I know any of the folks living around you?
amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei