Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Spring Time---Therapy for the Blues



What a beautiful day the LORD sent yesterday. The wind was blowing just enough for Ellie to fly her kite. (The kite was her reward for completing her good behavior chart and quickly working to complete her catheter at school.) The temperatures were just warm enough to be comfortable in long sleeves.

I think I've found a new physical therapy for Ellie. She was able to keep her balance very well, while holding onto the kite string and using the tension to counter-balance when needed. She even "ran" for a short period. Next time, I hope I can get video of her running.


I was even thinking...since it's always windy at the beach, perhaps I could get the insurance company to agree that kite flying is the best PT, and we could get them to pay for frequent trips to the beach....well, it's a thought.

And, I couldn't have staged this picture if I tried. I clicked the photo at the exact time the kite fell from the sky.


My Daddy broke his wrist yesterday, too. He'll see the orthopedist on Thursday. The good thing is I spent time with my mama and my daddy and my sister and my niece and my grandma and my aunt.




Do all Grandmas have a junk food...I mean snack...drawer? Even Caleb wrote about Grandma's snack drawer in his journal in elementary school. When you go to Grandma's house, you have to open it up.....just to see. They chose marshmellows of all things. Can you tell?

And, last...I just liked this photo...sort of an optical illusion...as if the kite was in the tree...but I loved the beautiful blue sky, the dark green of the pine needles and the colors of the kite. Isn't it amazing how God created all things...even the "little" things like white light that can be separated into a spectrum of colors?



I hope you all find a good reason to enjoy family and God's creation this week!

5 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

I love seeing your girls outside enjoying their kite. I can't wait to see Ellie running on video someday. I'm sorry your Daddy broke his wrist. Ouch. Junk food drawers and Grandparents definitely go together!!

PS. Chris's mother is still in a medical coma since her surgery. Keep those prayers coming. Chris is wanting me to keep this off the blog for now.

Karin said...

Beautiful blue sky! It lifted my mood just to see your pictures. :) Have you heard from Caleb?

Anonymous said...

Thinking of you, Robbie as you press on. I love the pics of the girls and your family. Your Daddy is a cutie!!:)
I miss my Daddy so...

take care,hollym.

Goodness and Mercy Mom said...

I love the pics of your sweet girls! Yes, I think kite therapy should be covered by insurance.

I also want you to know that I loved your Memorial Box post from last week. Just amazing that God was your "piano teacher." He was my mom's teacher, too. She had a story very similar to yours.

I hope you're hanging in there as you wait to hear from Caleb. Praying prayers of protection over your sweet son.

Much Love,
Kathie

Sarah said...

My MIL has a "junk cabinet". Abigail knows where it is...and can reach it with out help now. Uh-oh.

LOVE the not-so-staged picture. Priceless!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei