Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, March 1, 2010

When God Smiles



This was one of those weekends...the kind you wish would never end...the moments when you want to close your eyes and just ENJOY.....

We spent Friday afternoon with friends. Thank you, Sabrina, for inviting us over. Thank you, Jesus, for the friends who have looked after me since Caleb left.

And, then Brandon came home. His visit was the kind that made my heart smile. He came to take Stan and me out to eat. He played with the girls. He stayed around. He rented a funny movie, so I could enjoy a laugh. It made me ever the more grateful that God has allowed me to be his earthly mama with his first mama in heaven.






We spent time with our friends, the Stretches, at a birthday party for two of their precious children.


And, even better than that, the newest member of the family let me hold her...she's only been home two weeks. When she reached for her mama, I counted to three while swinging her in the air, and "threw" her to her mama. She kept coming back to me with her hands raised high, saying, "One, two....," asking for more. While my cold still has me tired, I suffered for the cause of bonding with Zibing. May we be life-long friends.


And, if spending time with family and friends can bring such sweet peace and comfort to my spirit, how much more our Heavenly Father must enjoy the time we spend with Him.

5 comments:

Karin said...

So glad you had a fun weekend! God is good. :)

Musings from Kim K. said...

What a beautiful weekend. Seeing Caleb home with you and the girls makes me so happy for you, Robbie. Here's hoping the rest of the week is equally joyous. Hugs!!

Lynda said...

Awww, Robbie. That is so sweet! I was just thinking today of you and Brandon! How special to enjoy the weekend with him!
Prayers,
Lynda

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

What a sweet, sweet post... Im sure the weekend has done your heart so much good!

Sarah said...

Glad the weekend turned out well. And so very true about spending time with God.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei