Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, November 25, 2010

My Greatest Blessings!

So, I think I am more thankful for my dear husband this year than any other. I have seen a spiritual growth in home in the last few weeks that makes me love him all the more. He has been supportive of me when I told him I felt led to go back to South Africa this summer. He was the first to say we could adopt again, because he could use another son to have at home. He is willing to let his "crazy" wife make "crazy" plans and he comes along for the ride. (Tomorrow is his medical appt. Please pray we find favor with the doctor, and she completes the paperwork in a way that we will find favor with CCAA.)


And, I am falling more and more in love with this precious face. God has been so good to send encouragement when I need it as we puruse pre-approval from China. I know that I know that we are following His path. And, I pray that, this time next year, we are celebrating Thanksgiving with another little one to make us "crazy."


My Glamour Girl! She enjoys looking her best, doing her best, and being her best. And, please note another BIG blessing from this week. Monday was her birthday, and my friend V came over with a birthday gift for JT. She made me promise to be upset or argue with her. Inside the gift bag was 2 pair of jeans, one pair of galmour sweat pants, 3 undershirts, a shirt with matching scarf, three colored undershirts she can wear in the summer as tank tops, a fuzzy sweater, a hooded sweatshirt, and a flannel shirt. What a blessing!!!!!!!!!!!! JT is modeling one of the outfits.


The blessing who keeps me laughing, who walks in the room, and I never know what to expect. Tonight, she came into the room wearing a lamp shade. Go figure.



My first ever Thanksgiving without one of my children. Here are two blessings I love and miss!


They have been blessed with friends who are family-oriented, too. So, their first Thanksgiving away from home, they were able to spend time with friends and cook a family meal.



And, it took me longer to get a good photo of Whitney and Brandon. He has to pick and play and act like he doesn't like his oldest sister. Of course, he owes her. She spent over an hour editing his latest English assignment.




Finally, the best picture I've ever taken of the siblings who have a love/hate relationship.


We've enjoyed the day with extended family, Stan's family for lunch, and my family for supper. But, today, when we were out, I chose to leave the camera in the car and just spend time with cousins. It was a blessed day!

2 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

Lovely pictures, Robbie. I can't wait to see where your next adventure takes you. Praying for a good doctor's appt tomorrow. Hugs!

Amy said...

I thought I was the oldest daughter... :(

amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei