Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

UPDATE

I am not SUPERWOMAN.

I am not SUPERSPIRITUAL.

So many people sent such sweet messages yesterday. I want to really ask you to be on your knees.

We have doctors' appointments. Stan's is Friday, and mine is Monday. Stan is ready to keep walking until God closes the door. My flesh wants me to worry about PA. We absolutley do NOT meet China's requirements. Our doctor will have to word things carefully or the answer, outside of Jesus, is certainly NO from CCAA.

But, this morning, in my Bible study, I was reading in Job, the next passage in my Read Through The Bible in a year, recommended at the end of Radical.

Well, my flesh was really feeling like I wasn't going to hear much from Jesus in Job, at least not what I felt I needed for comfort for today. Job's friends being such comforters and all...;)

Well, Job replied, "My redeemer lives."

And, I followed a cross reference. It took me to Isaiah 43.

I gasped. (You might have heard me.) Stop and look there right now, and see if you gasp.

Go ahead.

I'll wait.

God took me right where I needed to be. And, in case you were driving down the road using your IPhone on the internet and didn't have a Bible, let me share some beautiful phrases from that chapter. I won't have to add a word or any interpretation:

I have redeemed you.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you.

Fear not.

I am with you.

I have created him for my glory.

I will bring your children from the east.

Bring my song from far.

You are my witnesses, that I am God.

I will do a new thing.

I will make a way in the wilderness.


God is good and greatly to be praised. I will be praising Him, as I clean and begin the decorating for Christmas. But..

I am not SUPERWOMAN.

I am not SUPERSPIRITUAL.

So, if the LORD brings me to your mind, please keep praying!

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei