Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, December 22, 2008

And His Name Shall Be Called





I've always decorated the outside of our house; this year, though, I wanted to add something. So, yesterday, I spent time making the new sign. His name is Jesus. He is the reason I sing. He is the reason I celebrate. His life through me changes everything. His birth and death make it possible for me to be adopted into God's family. What a blessed gift!

And, tonight, I asked Josie-Tatum, "Do you know who said His name would be Jesus." And, she knew. She knew it was an angel. Praise the LORD!

I often forget how special our times are when everyone is home...until we're all together. This day has been blessed indeed, a gift from above. We've not had any snow to play in, but everyone has cheerfully chipped in to help do the household chores, in sweet anticipation of Christmas Day.

I had gone with Brandon to town, and when we came back, this is how I found Stan....


We spent part of the evening at a local bank. This business decks the lawn like no other. Parents and children from all over come to the bank in the evening to ride a miniature train, walk through the child sized gingerbread house, the igloo, and take pictures. It's become a family tradition for many.




And, just before bedtime, we spent a rather unique moment together. SHHHHH! Don't tell anybody. BUT...we went up on the rooftop...not the high peaked roof, but the roof over the front porch. We sat there, sipped hot chocolate, and yelled, "Merry Christmas!" to passersby. We made a memory!!!

5 comments:

Musings from Kim K. said...

What beautiful pictures. I especially like the one of Stan in the chef's hat. We shared a similar experience with trains this afternoon (our first outing since surgery). Your JESUS sign is perfect. Enjoy these next few days with your sweet family.

Lynn said...

Wonderful post... and a man in the kitchen is ALWAYS a joy to behold! And I love the Jesus sign... a beautiful reminder to all who pass by!

Unknown said...

Sounds great. I love the Jesus sign. We have to ride by. Maybe we will tomorrow evening.

Amy said...

So fun. We are going to have to come down and see the lights and ride the train. Merry Christmas.
Amy

Anita said...

Love the GREAT pics of your beautiful girls and family!! Merry Christmas!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei