Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, December 1, 2008

It's Beginning to Look a Lot Like Christmas




I love Christmas. I love the decorating. I love re-reading the Christmas story. I love watching Christmas specials. I love Christmas music. I love Christmas shopping. I love watching my children open their gifts on Christmas day. I love cooking Christmas Eve dinner. I love spending time with family at Christmas. I love Christmas smells. I love Christmas weather.

My house looks like Christmas, and I love it. If only it would snow...well, I did see it snow on Saturday....from a machine, but Josie-Tatum and Ellie did get to throw snow balls for a minute, before they melted.

Here are some pictures from our Christmas preparations. I'd love to hear from some of you, to learn what you do to keep Christ in the center of your holiday celebrations.





The girls enjoyed making wreaths with gum drops. It was simple and fun!






Blurry picture of the girls with Santa. (I'm learning my new camera's quirks....)
Sweet Story: Josie-Tatum said she would like to ask Santa to help the orphans, but she's not sure if he can do that. Again, tonight she said, "Mama, if you had just one wish, what would it be? Mine would be to help the orphans." Oh, Jesus, to help encourage her heart and compassion.



Tonight was the Annual Christmas Parade in our hometown. Here is a picture of the girls waiting on the parade with my nephew Joshua. First Baptist Church provided free hot chocolate. (I was learning more about my new camera and these pictures are better than the SAnta one.)




This is how Caleb looked after Black Friday. I sent him and Brandon to Wal-Mart just after 4 a.m., while Whit and I headed to Brunswick shopping. I needed a new camera, and needed Caleb to get in line to get a good deal. While I was still driving, Caleb called my cell, "Mama, this is ridiculous. Mama, do you know how crazy it is here?" Later, he called back, "Mama, do you know what they do? Mama, they blow and air horn, and then anything is fair game. Mama, they cut the plastic with box cutters, and if you bring your own knife, you can get in the game." He DID get the good deal on my camera. (After finding the camera that Ellie tucked away, it broke. :( )
The boys said they would choose suicide over another Black Friday at Wal-Mart.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm with the boys! I wouldn't want any of that "fun" either. My house is slowly looking like Christmas, but I can't get motivated to decorate the outside. What's wrong with me??

Musings from Kim K. said...

I just love Christmas and your list is pretty close to my own. Your boys are troopers for hanging in there with that shopping. You've got some good boys, Robbie. The gum drop wreaths are too cute. I'm doing a whole series on crafts this month on my blog and I'm going to suggest to my readers that they visit your blog to see your girls special wreaths. That wish for Santa to help the orphans just takes my breath away. What a sweet heart.

We LOTS of snow in West Michigan. I posted pictures and video last night. Your family is welcome anytime to build snowmen and snow angels. Hugs.

Amy said...

Okay, did you get the same good deal I got? Love my new camera. Now I can post more pics for you! HaHa! My House too is beginning to look Christmasy. Suprisinly Sam was not very enthused with the tree and such.
Amy

Sarah said...

I *hate* Black Friday shopping. We did go this year, but we waiting until 9:30-10ish. Still, "Cyber Monday" is much more my style!

I got my tree up this weekend, and it was quite the experience with an 18 month old. Barry doesn't "do" decorating (except putting the tree topper on. I can't reach). So I did it all, putting all the breakable ornaments up high (so my tree is a little unbalanced). Abigail spent her time unpacking the ornaments for me (lol!) and removing the ones I'd hung from the tree.

Apart from the mantle and the tree, I don't do much decorating. It's not that I'm a Scrooge, I just am so NOT Martha Stewart. And I can't visualize what to do!

As far as traditions, we're still establishing ours. :)

Your tree looks great, and I love the Snow White outfit on E. And I love that JT has such a heart for orphans. So sweet!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei