Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Getting Ready!!!


Josie-Tatum and I are now sporting new shorter hair cuts, in preparation for going to South Africa. It is surreal, to think we're actually leaving in 2 days.

And, to update the total, I am totally amazed. We have received donations totalling $8,130. We needed $6,000 to make the trip, and God sent over $2,000 more than we asked. He has done more than we imagined. He has remained true to the promise of Ephesians 3:20. Our expenses are paid. We will be sponsoring two orphans for school, and we will have nearly $1,000 to spend on the orphans for clothes and shoes. It looks like our first stop in South Africa will be a mall in Johannesburg. Aw, Shucks! I get to shop until I drop. I can't wait.

We have finished our packing. We met Tuesday with the mission team, weighed every person's luggage, added donations when weight allowed. We'll have 11 bags containing nothing but donations of supplies for the children. And, each one of us have additional supplies in our luggage, as well.

Please be in prayer for us. We leave home on Saturday, July 18th, and return on Wednesday, July 29th. We will have computer access, so I plan to post as I have time. Please consider dropping by Josie-Tatum's blog and leaving her an encouraging comment or prayer.


I've spent my time today, just having fun! Well, this morning, I supervised the slaves, um boys and Stan, as they helped me re-arrange furniture in my classroom, preparing for school. But, after lunch, we just hung out in the pool, nearly 3 hours of swimming with friends. I just love the cool water on a hot summer day. (My mom and dad are working at a church camp in NE TN, but I love this picture of them with the girls.)

5 comments:

Amy said...

I am sooo excited! Can't wait to follow your journey. Dropped something in the mail today for JT maybe she will get it before you leave. If not it will be waiting for her when you get back.
Amy

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm equally anxious to follow your journey. You will be doing amazing things. The picture of your parents with the girls is priceless. Hugs!!

Addie Talley, Photographer said...

Please tell Josie-Tatum that I wish her the best and have been faithfully praying for her and her mission... she is going to make such a difference in the lives of these sweet children.

(I wish I could comment on her blog, but certain comment-styles are blocked here at work)

Marla said...

SOOOOOO excited for your trip. Please know you and JT will be in my prayers. I can't wait to hear all about it, I just know it's going to be amazing!

The Tremont Scott's said...

Will be following your journey and sending our prayers for your mission!

Lisa S

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei