Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Summer At Its Best

I love summer! I am enjoying my time home with my family, trying to make the most of every minute before Josie-Tatum and I leave for South Africa. I've been walking every morning, listening to the birds, trying to stay in shape before our mission trip. Then, I sit on the porch with my Bible.

I spend the afternoon with my girls, in the pool, almost daily. I must get a video of Ellie swimming. She scares the beejeebies out of me. She even said today, "It looks like I'm drowning, but I'm not."

Last Friday, the Mattox Family celebrated Cow Appreciation Day for the second year in a row. All it takes is a little time and the entire family enjoys a free meal at Chick-Fil-A. Some might call it crazy. I call it making memories.

Cow Appreciation Day


On Saturday, we spent the day at Lake Lindsey Grace. Stan's cousin's son (Did you follow that family tree?) is leaving for the Air Force next week. There was a family cookout with lots of teenagers. Two friends brought their boats and one brought a jetski. The girls had a blast.

Once when tubing around the lake with Ellie, she flew up out of the tube. She was rescued by her mother, who had a firm grip on the straps on the back of her life jacket. You know Ellie if you can hear her yell, "Do it again?" And, you really know her if you can hear her, while looking back at me ask, "You doin' okay back there?"
Fun At the Lake

Any takers on a caption for the photo of the three boys on the tube?

7 comments:

Unknown said...

I'll have to think on that...

Amy said...

Glad to hear from you. I was beginning to wonder what had happened to you guys.
Amy

Marla said...

How fun! Love all the photos. I'll have to think about that caption, too. :)

Becky said...

Looks like everyone had fun! Love the photos! Now for a caption...hmmm.....

Grimes Family said...

You really need to be writing a book. Just think... you could retire early! Loved the pics!

Stirm Family said...

Love the pictures, especially the ones in the cow costume. Since we have one not to far from us maybe we will make it one day.

Amy said...

Yes it is the house we are trying to sell, but contracts almost up and I don't think it will happen. And you are NOT old. You are my peer remember!!!
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei