Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Sunday, July 26, 2009

The LORD's Day






It has been another beautiful day here in South Africa. If you want to take a look at a map, the nearest town to us is Thohoyando.

We visited a church in the mountains today. It has made me so grateful for what we have. If only I could post more pictures from here, but alas, the internet is very slow.

At the church, there were only steel frames, a tin roof, and the beginning of tin walls. The people walked from all around the village to the church. They do not have water at their home or their church. They must go down the mountain to the river to get water and take it back home.

We were surprised when, just after we arrived, we were asked to teach a Sunday School lesson to the children. Jeanne and I got busy making a plan, gathered the children, put them in 12 chairs to sail on the Sea of Galilee and see Peter walk on water. While I as telling the children to row the boat, Brother Brad let me know that they had never seen a boat.

The service was beautiful, and we were welcomed as honored guests. Brenda spoke to the people through an interpreter.

After services, we were blessed to vie out parcels to the children, with clothing and a few pieces of candy. Josie-Tatum, who is often so bashful, took the packages and went along the line of children asking their ages, so she could give them the right size clothes. She was eagerly working for Jesus.

While we were giving out packages, the adults were busy working. I soon realized they were moving bricks. These people are making their own bricks, so they can brick their church. I was humbled to think of my church family and the building where we worship. I was compelled to go move bricks with them, and continued to move bricks until it was time to leave.

We visited a river high in the mountains, just for fun! We climbed the rocks and went up to the waterfall, picnicked along the river. I'll post those photos when I get home.

We had a sweet evening service tonight here on base, and I was once again given the privilege of playing the piano for worship services.

I can hardly believe that we have only one more day here. There is so much more I would like to see and do, but I do sooooooooooo miss my family, my dear husband who allowed JT and me to come, my children who have helped take care of Ellie. I am ready to see all of them.

Tomorrow, we visit another school, we take some towels and things to the children at Aunty Lydias, and we give out food parcels to widows.

I probably won't be posting again until we get back home. We must leave so early on Tuesday morning, that, tomorrow evening we will be packing everything up and getting to be early. Please pray for our strength. we leave here ar 6:30 a.m, drive 6 hours, get on the plane in J'Burg and arrive just after 7 a.m. in the states. That's 25 hours + 6 for the time difference, 31 hours, plus a 4 hour layover, then the flight to JAX, then the 1 1/2 hour drive home. Yikes!

To my family, remember that our flight schedules are on the printer. I believe our flight arrives in JAX around noon on Wednesday. We will land in Atlanta around 7 in the morning, so I will call you when we land, and let you know if all of our flights are still on schedule.

And, hey, I want a big glass of Blackshear,GA tea!

Hey, Amy, thank you for getting ready to join us in building the home for the orphans here in South Africa. And, you bet, you may join us when we return to see it and to see the changes in the children we are sponsoring.

I love you all so dearly. I've been praying for our churches at home to have wonderul, Spirit-filled worship services, and knowing that you are praying for us!

4 comments:

Terry said...

Lord Bless you Robbie, and JT for the awesome blessing you have been to so many...and for being a blessing to us as well! We love you. I enjoyed your trip and can't wait to hear more when you get home! Terry

Amy said...

Prayers. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Oh, and should I go to B'shear to make sure the house is clean and everything is ready for your arrival?
Amy

Unknown said...

Robbie,
I haven't posted, but I have been following and praying. I haven't had much computer time the past several days, and when I do, Levi is right next to me making it hard to type. ANYWAY, I am so excited about what God has and will continue to do and the part that you all played in that.

We love ya'll!!! Praying for safety and strength.

Sabrina

PS Life has been so busy that I didn't take Mr. Stan up on his offer to keep the kids. Oh, well...

Anonymous said...

I just am so amazed and excited for Josie~T and this experience that she has had. It will shape her little heart for ever and I'm so humbled to have been a part of praying for you and J~T. Praying for safety and good health and emotional strength as you leave the mission field that you are in to come home to another mission field!!
God Bless you both,
hollym.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei