Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, January 26, 2009

Chinese New Year Fun




We've just begun the "decorating" for Chinese New Year. The above picture is our first completed craft project. Josie-Tatum said, "I think this is more fun for me and Ellie than Christmas." I'm not sure she really means that. It is fun, though, especially since I get so sad each year when taking down the Christmas decorations.

When we adopted Josie-Tatum, I knew I would want to teach her about Chinese customs. It amazes me how much she enjoys Chinese New Year. We are doing more decorating this year than ever before, and she is having a blast. I decided, too, that we will have a Chinese theme for Ellie's birthday party this weekend. That way we're decorating for both occasions at once!

I'll post more pictures later, but tonight the girls and I were making Chinese lanterns, with this idea compliments of Kim. Click here to see her post.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

Fun, fun! We are excited about the party.

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm so proud of you! Those lanterns look so festive. I love all the pictures. Happy New Year to your family!!

Marla said...

Oh how pretty those are! Have a great party and Happy New Year!!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei