Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, January 29, 2009

Ellie Update....Standing!





I know you've all been waiting on pins and needles. ;)

You see Ellie standing in her new brace! Her legs are not yet strong enough to walk independently....they haven't been used for walking in 5 months. But, she is sooooooooooooo happy to have the freedom and independence her walker brings. She has used to it get all around the house since they came home just 2 hours ago.

We will go back to Shriner's in 3 weeks. This time we will be seeing a new orthapedist. (Dr. Kim, who did the surgery, has moved.) I look forward to meeting him, and going through Ellie's medical history, to hearing his thoughts. We'll see another x-ray of her hip, then, too.

God has created her with that tenacity that never ceases to amaze me. While I was afraid she would be upset that she is not walking completely independently, she is enthusiastic about her renewed ability to move around with her walker. She has been all smiles since she came home.

Your prayers are a blessing I can never put into words. Like the apostle Paul, I do thank my God upon every remembrance of you.

14 comments:

Terry said...

I'm glad I was checking my email when this came in. So glad to see her wonderful smiling face. God is going to use that girl in a mighty way, I just know it!

Unknown said...

That smiling face and those standing legs are such a blessing!

Musings from Kim K. said...

I have tears pouring down my face. What a blessing to see this progress. I'm so happy for you both!! Hugs!

Marla said...

It is AWESOME to see her up and going!! And she looks so happy!

Chelsea Gour said...

Wow! That looks familiar! I am so happy for you and for Ellie!

One Happy Momma said...

Awesome, just awesome!!

Blessings-

Cathy

Becky said...

Fantastic news Robbie. Prayers for her continued recovery and healing.

Hugs....

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful! What a blessing! She has the wonderful smile!

Anita said...

Awww...LOVE those pics Robbie! That girl stole my heart when I first saw her referral pics and she's done it again. What a joy she is to your family and us and it's her sweet spirit that shines through all that she's dealt with in her little life. YEAH Jesus for allowing her to have a bit of freedom. HUGS!

The Tremont Scott's said...

AWWW! That is too cute. It brings tears to my eyes to see the joy on her face. Prayers for continued strength and progress!!
Lisa S

Nate and Brenda said...

Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!

Lynn said...

Absolutely wonderful.... standing strong with such a beautiful smile... Praying she'll be on her own soon!

Gwen Oatsvall said...

what a smile and a survivor face ... she must be one amazing little girl!

Amy said...

Ya-Hoo!!! So great to see her up again.
Amy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei