Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Saturday, March 24, 2012

A Day Without a Poop Story

We could use a few added prayers today...

Finally the weather was good enough to be out and about. We hope to be out even a little more tomorrow. After our medical visits, we found our way to McD's. While the food tasted, oh so familiar, the best thing was

THE PRICE!!

Since we landed in Zhengzhou, our cheapest meal for the family was $50. That was really eating into our cash on this trip.
Today, we paid approximately the equivalent of $18 US for our meal. I'm afraid we will be sick of McDonalds before we leave Guangzhou.

Ellie continues to turn heads in China, just like she does back home. She walks around with her two hot pink crutches, and Chinese people stop to watch. Here in Guangzhou, we are finally surrounded by other adoptive families. They, too, stop to watch our Ellie.

Today, though, Ellie wanted to push Drew in the stroller. And, being the gracious parent, I chose to let her. While we were strolling along, I said to Stan, "Now what are people going to think of us? Look at the American family making their disabled child walk AND push her disabled brother in the stroller!"


Zhuang Zhuang had to be "forced" to take a nap. It is difficult for him when his siblings aren't napping, but his behavior becomes out of control in the afternoon. I wonder, too, if Qing Zhuang had to take naps. He has fallen asleep in the afternoon more than once. While Baba was lying down with Zhuang Zhuang, and I was in the meeting room doing adoption paper work, he fell asleep on the couch. Look how sweet with his fingers in the his mouth.


He has been with us longer, so it stands to reason that he seems more bonded with us. I love to take photos all along the streets when we are in China. Today, with the gorgeous weather, I was stopping multiple times on the way to and from McD's. But, my little man would shout, "Ma-ma!" and get his Baba to stop if he noticed I was lagging behind when I was taking photos. I love it when he looks for me if I have stepped out of the room. While he is all boy in many situations, and has yet to learn to love hugs and kisses, he will sometimes just walk up to me and sit in my lap. And, when we are in crowded areas, he becomes cautious and holds my hand tightly. My heart smiles as I watch him learn that he is safe with us.

And, I leave you with my favorite photo of the day. I don't know what this store sells, or what we are supposed to see, but I am certain there is a message behind this name.

2 comments:

Jolene said...

HAHAHA! A day without the doo (doo-doo)...nice!

Definitely praying for ya'll! The end is in sight and soon you'll be home and adjusting to things in a while new way...a new normal!

~HUGS~ and please know your on our hearts!

Anonymous said...

Oh, I am so encouraged by how your boys are doing!!! Maddie was not familar w/kisses either! I just cont. to smother her w/them (could not help it) and now she loves them!! Also will pray for Jordan...add us to the list of folks w/his precious gift (her name). In Him, Heather

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei