Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Friday, March 30, 2012

Hong Kong

The only All 6 of us photo we ever took the time to take, and it's dark!


We have arrived safely in Hong Kong. I should be sleeping, but my mind is racing with that, "What if I oversleep?" worry. I have scheduled a wake up call, and Josie-Tatums' Ipod alarm is set.

Afer breakfast today, we took the kids back out the The Garden at The Garden one last time and we fed the fish.






Qing Zhuang had a melt down today, like he's not had yet. Please pray for him. He seems fine now, but I am a little worried about him.

Some awesome moments have been hearing his voice in wonder say the Chinese version of, "Wow!" It's almost like wow, only with a short o sound.

I heard it the night I brought hom McFlurries from McDonald's. All of the children were glad, but his joy and excitement was priceless.


I heard his wonder when we walked to a Chinese park where there were people exercising, strolling, beautiful gardens, and Kiddie Rides. Zhuang Zhuang was a little scared. Josie-Tatum, the teenagers in a 9 year old body pretended to have fun, Ellie enjoyed herself as usual, but Qing Zhuang was in awe.




Tonight we are staying at the Hong Kong Gold Coast Hotel. BTW, it is half the price of the Marriott at the airport, and one third of the price of The Regal. Stan and the girls found a second set of elevators that were glass and came back to get the boys and me. I got to hear Qing Zhuang's Chinese, "Wow!" again.

Ellie and I had one and ONLY experience with a squatty potty today, as we rode from Guangzhou to Hong Kong. Let me just say it was an experience. You should try holding onto a child who has little lower body strenght as she tried to squat over one of those and p-oop. Yes, Scott, another poop story.

Then, I got to repeat said position, only this time helping JT as she tinkled. Proud to say, Ellie did not poop on my foot. Unfortunatley, Josie-Tatum had a more difficult time directing the flow...or should I say spray...of her tinkle. When we arrived at the hotel tonight, she complained after following one of the boys in the bathroom. There may well have been boy tinkle on the floor. I ever so less than politely told her I didn't want to hear it...since she had already peed on me foot today.

And, if you could have seen the look of wonder and excitement on Qing Zhuang's face when I told him we were going to "women da fanjian...in meiguo." My poor Mandarin for our house in America. He quickly took out the photo album we sent him and turned to the page of our house. He was so excited and began to show it to people everywhere. He even fell asleep with the photo album in his hand on our drive to Hong Kong.

He was little confused, however, when we pulled up at the hotel. He took out the photo album again and looked at me with a wrinkled forhead. I had our driver explain to him, and he was a happy camper again.

Zhuang Zhuang continues to be much less open with his affection and still enjoys his joke of, "Wo bu ai ni." He is a child who loves to disagree. He did come up to me, though, a couple of time today and hold his arms out so I would pick him up. That is the beginning of progress.

For those of you who have followed our journey, thank you for joining us. For the prayers, we are forever grateful. For the finanical support, we are ever humbled. My prayer is that you will have been blessed by our journey.

We should land in the USA Saturday afternoon in Chicago. And, land in JAX Sat night at 7:49. Can't wait to show all of you who will be waiting our precious boys.

3 comments:

Jill from Killeny Glen said...

WONDERFUL photos! Hope your flight home is UNeventful!

Agee Family said...

I wish I could be there to see you guys--I'm going to be out of town.

I will come soon to meet them!

Many hugs!

Marsha said...

Welcome home! It sure has been a long road, but God has sure blessed you. I never cease to love the song you have 1st on this blog---I am waiting, though it's painful. . ." I know it has been for you, but God is faithful, and your 2 new sons are so very precious, though I know your lives will be pretty crazy for awhile! I can't believe your long journey to your sons is finally to fruition! Blessings, Marsha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei