Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Monday, January 24, 2011

AS Promised!

I do have a surprise. And, yes Vicki, I have been holding out a little. It seems the joy of the surprsie has been overshadowed by recent events.



I absolutely enjoyed reading your comments and learning about some of you I've never heard from before. I am convinced there are still many lurkers out there, so let me know who you are.



And, before the surprise, you have to promise to read to the end. I have an urgent prayer request, and I need to know there are MANY in the body of Christ carrying this burden to the LORD.



PROMISE?



But, first the sweet surprise:



Look at those chubby cheeks! Don't you want to squeeze them? I sure do!


That is our precious Drew, aka Zhuang Zhuang. I received some photos and an update after Christmas. Here's the update:

Here are a few pictures of Zhuang Zhuang. He has been attending a montessori kindergarten with his friend Ping An and Xiao Yong and they all enjoy it very much. All of a sudden they seem to have grown up a bit, it seems! The other day Zhuang Zhuang came home humming the "ABC" song. He likes to sing and is not embarrassed to belt it out when you ask him to sing for you. Really cute!

Now, take a look at the photos. This boy loves his food apparently. And Brandon says that means he'll fit in quite well at our house.



He is being so well cared for while he waits for his family. To God be the glory!!

But, the burden of my heart is our Zeke. Please, please join us in prayer.

We have learned some things about the possible conditions of his SWI. (That's Chinese for orphange...Social Welfare Institute.) There was a two year old girl who was to be adopted from there who was in need of urgent medical condition. Please pray for QP. The family felt they were unable to continue with her adoption. I've been told that Love Without Boundaries is hoping to get her and give her the care she needs. As of now, I don't know anymore about her condition, but believe me when I say she will soon die without intervention. If you have any contacts in China, or know anyway to get help to this child, please email me.

I have other concerns as well. Please pray that the LORD will intervene in a mighty. Pray His hand of protection and comfort for our Zeke.

7 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

He is such a little dumpling...so cute. I hope someone can come along side the little one and help her get those medical needs met. Hugs

Chris and Sarah said...

Oh my! What a precious gift those pictures are to you I'm sure.

I will be praying. LWB is awesome and I'm sure they will do what they can.

Joy said...

What a precious boy! I am sure you are dying to snuggle him.
I will pray for the little girl.
Joy

Anonymous said...

I'm sorry about your concerns. Our DD nearly died in China but we brought her home.

I am sorry to read the other family isn't able to bring their child home. The child's best chance was probably getting out of China and to western medical care, but if anyone in China can help it would be LWB. Does the child have heart disease? If so, please email me at cljjs (at) yahoo (dot) com

Praying for your concerns to the GREAT HEALER, our God. Leslie

Vicki said...

Robbie,
What a priceless gift to receive; I know it eases the wait just a little to know Drew is in such good hands. We continue to pray for Zeke and, of course, for that special little girl. May God's favor rest upon them all and bring them comfort.

Musings from Kim K. said...

Prayers flowing from West MI. Thinking of your sweet boys.

Anonymous said...

What a comfort to know your Drew is being so well loved and cared for. What a heavy burden to know your Zeke needs you now! And his orphanage mate needs such critical care! I look at his picture by all those many windows. And pray for the Holy Spirit to come along side every hurting child in those rooms! Thank you for sharing your burden and these needs for a miracle.
Lynda

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei