Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, January 20, 2011

If....



If you had met this little girl....held her, and loved her....knowing she had spent the first 14 months of her life here:




If you had witnessed the daily transformation of her personality, until her face lit up with joy...and saw her become what God intended for her to be.



If you had been here when this precious child walked across the room for the first time in her four years on earth:


If you knew there were 147 million others, just like the two you tucked into bed tonight...who had no one to tuck them in.


And, if the LORD brought these children in your path:



If you knew that these two precious boys had been available for adoption for months.... And, you knew that their names were being lost in a list of over 2,000 names...

If you knew that mountains were moving to make it possible for them to join your family.

And, their lives could change forever...like you have witnessed before:


What would YOU do?

5 comments:

Jamie said...

It's so funny, I keep praying about adoption and that I will know when/how, then check my blogger, and bam, a post from you about it! It's happened many times. Maybe God is telling me something....

Unknown said...

As I was sitting in a basketball game tonight......... watching my brother in laws play for our private christian school......

tears filled my eyes....
I noticed a family that had adopted 2 baby girls....

my heart tugged.

God said.... "In my time!"

I have a 1 year old son & 1 little girl on the way in May! :)

God has placed it in my heart on my 9th birthday that I was going to adopt!

It just seems like GOD is calling us closer and closer....

I feel like that day is just around the corner....

I came home thinking about those 2 little girls at the game.

Then read this.

Confirmation in my heart.


My cup runneth over.

Scrappy quilter said...

Bring them all home if we were younger. We adopted 3 with special needs and never once regretted it. Now we do what we know we can do, help financially and pray. Your girls are so cute!!

Lynnea said...

Thanks Robbie....very moving. And LOVE that picture of your girls in the yellow flower patch. How beautiful!
T-24 hours and counting ;)
Blessings,
Lynnea :)

Anonymous said...

I'd do the same thing I'm doing now: praying that my husband's heart would open to another adoption but if that doesn't happen that God will provide them with another family ASAP.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei