Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Seeing Through Different Eyes



Ellie came to me in the kitchen just like this! I had nothing to do with it. Really. I knew I had to share it with you. Seeing her enjoy life the way she does brings me such joy. I cannot imagine a minute without her in our home. Can a file from China filled with medical notes and growth charts give you any idea what is bubbling from that soul? What do you see?


Well, I thought surely she couldn't see a thing..and even made such a suggestion to her.


She proved me wrong.


Don't you just love it when your 5-year-old does that to you? Oh, wait, I was also informed that she is almost 6 years old. She's right. Again. She'll be 6 years old in 8 days.


Back to that proving me wrong thing., though. She said, "Hold up some fingers." I did. She knew how many--each time.


And, as I watched Ellie the Superstar enjoying her world through new eyes, I thought of the other new things in our house.


Changing the name of the blog to The Miracle of More has brought much more to my mind. Our family is growing more than I ever could have imagined, much more. God is providing with more miracles through the body of Christ, as we have seen every penny we needed here when we needed it.


The greatest miracle of more, though, continues to be the change I see in Stan. While orphan awareness has been my PASSION for a long time, it has been an interest to Stan. He watches me work and he supports my endeavors.


Until now.....


I am seeing a PASSION in him like I never remember before....and we've been married a LONG time. (I mean that in a good way...really)


I've been selling necklaces and t-shirts and sharing our fundraising efforts around the groups I belong to on the internet. I've spoken to our youth group, and he came along for support.


Since last week, though, I've seen Stan begin to work for something he really believes in, something he truly KNOWS will make a difference in the world.


We have two other local fundraisers going on right now, to be concluded on February 12th. Stan has been out in the community sharing the information everywhere he goes. He has delivered shirts that I've sold and collected money. He has visited local businesses and asked for their support. Tonight, he spent quite some time on the phone with several people who are involved in
some way with the upcoming fundraisers.
And, he sold a necklace today. Yes, my manly man visited our insurance agent, necklaces in hand, and asked the ladies in the office if they'd like to purchase one. He took beads to the eye doctor today. He told me I need to go back on their pay day.


The most powerful statement he made though was this, "When we are finished with our adoption, I'd like to see if we could start a group that supports families who are fundraising for adoptions." That was my Eyore talking. I am Tigger, the risk taker, the bouncer. He is my balance. He has a desire to do something spectacular. And, I can't wait to see how the LORD is going to balance Tigger now. ;) I may need a new pair of eyes.





If you'd like the opportunity to see the orphan crisis through new eyes, click here.

6 comments:

Unknown said...

I am so excited and amazed at the miracle of more that God is doing in your home!

Anonymous said...

So blessed! Love the new blog name and so fun to watch what God is doing here!!! GO with GOD TIGGER AND EYEORE!:)
Joy

Janet said...

Hey Tigger, I love the new name. We want to continue to help others when we are thru adopting too. Have a great day=)

Musings from Kim K. said...

I'm just so happy for you, Robbie. What a beautiful story about your husband and I your new blog name is so fitting.

Amy said...

Girl the change is unreal!! I talked with Stan today and really could not believe the words I was hearing. I am so excited!! We serve a very mighty and powerful God!!
amy

Anonymous said...

Robbie ~ when is Ellie's bday??? Brynn's is the 3rd! I never realized they were close!!! happy early bday, Ellie!!! God bless you all ... xoxoo

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei