Why We Call Our Blog the Miracle of More

The miracle is a beautiful image of Ephesians 3:20--more than I can ask or imagine. Every day is a miracle. Every moment is a miracle. Specifically for our family, the miracle of more is our family growing in ways I would never have imagined when we first committed to adoption 8 years ago. But, the greatest miracle is the change in ME!

If you have questions about adoption, our work in South Africa, or spina bifida, please email me at rbmattox@bellsouth.net

Tuesday, January 4, 2011

From the Heart of a Child--The Greatest Gift

Sometimes, our Father wants us to learn much from a child.

He often blesses the gift of a child far beyond our imaginations.

I wonder how God will speak to you through this gift.

In this box, there is a gift, a gift from a child, a gift from the heart. This is one of my students, Gunnar. He overheard his mother and me talking about our adoption, and he understands that our family is fundraising to cover the costs.

So, over Christmas holidays he told his mother he had a plan. He and his dad had been saving aluminum cans, but they had not decided how they would spend the money. He told his family he wanted to give the money to us! Today was the first day back at school and he brought me one of the most PRECIOUS gifts we have been given thus far.

I can see the Father smiling. I can hear him telling his angels, "That's my child." I can hear Jesus saying, "Father, if only all the members of our family had such compassion. If only they would remember, in as much as they've done it unto the least of one of these, they've done it unto me."

I've been doing a lot of pondering lately, as we've been fundraising....I've been reminded that God can use even the smallest of gifts, and He is pleased. But, I've also been deeply moved, convicted actually. How often do I give until it costs me something? Of course, I've given, and over the years, some might would say I've given a lot. But, have I given up my own pleasures or comforts to give to others? Hardly.....

I'm certain Gunnar and his dad had talked about other ways they could spend this money. When you're a fourth grader, your eyes are bombarded with the things the world has to offer. I wonder what he had considered purchasing that he decided was less important to him than helping a child join his foverever family.

When you read this, I hope you will take some time to go to the Father in prayer. I'm not asking that you give to us. I'm asking that you give to Jesus. Consider where He would want you to invest in His kingdom. consider what you might be called to give up in order to give someone else life. If you have even a few minutes, visit the sites of some of these families. Consider how giving to the least of these is giving to Jesus Himself. Look for Him. See Him in the faces of the fatherless. Give from your heart, and you will be blessed.

Terry's family

Anita's family

Xiao Yong's family

Cathy's family

3 comments:

Terry said...

Robbie you are a treasured friend, thank you! Terry

Janet said...

How precious! What an amazing little boy.

Robbie, you may want to change the color of the links, and home, fundraising, across the top of blog--I can barely see them=)

Janet said...

Thank you for linking to us in this post Robbie!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Ellie Min Chun

Ellie Min Chun
Josie-Tatum's MeiMei